Goteborg-Landvetter (GOT) Airport
Goteborg-Landvetter GOT Airport Overview
GLA is located in the small town of Landvetter, in the municipality of Harryda of western Sweden, and is 25 km southeast of Goteborg, and 40 km west of Boras. It is directly accessible via motorway 40 (Borasleden).
With an estimated 6 million passengers annually, Goteborg Landvetter Airport is served by many domestic and inernational airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Seasonal charter flights to popular vacation destinations are also available.
The on-Airport Landvetter Airport Hotel (tel. +46 (0)31 97 7550) is only 200 meters from the terminal, and meeting & conference rooms are available.
GLA has a Domestic and an International passenger terminal.
- Oversized packaging /large plastic bags - are available at cost for bags, pams & bicycles. Also check with your airline as to their baggage rules.
- Random checks will be carried out on passengers' hand baggage using an explosive trace detector (ETC)
- The 'SAS Service Point' with self-check-in kiosks is open daily - located near check-in and baggage drop.
Present and future Airport developments:
- As of mid-October 2016, preliminary work started on a new bridge - located at the Airport's road entrance, with an ellipse shape. Its function is to create an efficient transport flow, and to connect Airport City with the Airport (between Route 40 & GLA). Completion is scheduled for Fall 2017.
- The International Terminal is to be extended by 710,000 sq.meters - separating arriving & departing passengers, and adding three airline gates and two bus gates. Preliminary work start/ started (moving buildings, groundwork). After subsequent board decision - construction is to start on the new terminal by third quarter 2017 - scheduled for completion by 2020.