Grenoble Isere (GNB) Airport
Grenoble Isere GNB Airport Overview
Grenoble Isere Airport GNB is an international airport, which advertises itself as the 'low-cost airport of the Rhone-Alpes region' of south-east France.
The Airport located 2.5 km northwest of Saint-Etienne de Saint Geoirs, and 40 km northwest of Grenoble, in the Isere Department, and situated in the beautiful Rhone-Alpes region, France’s second-largest region both in terms of economy and population. The Airport can be accessed via the Axe de Bievre link road from A48 (to Grenoble), which connects west to A49 (to Valence) and north to A7 (to Lyon).
With two runways and 0.5 million passengers in 2012, Grenoble Isere Airport is served by mainly by low-cost airlines, with different seasonal schedules. In winter seasonal charters fly to popular ski and vacation destinations. The Airport is open 7am-9pm.
The passenger terminal at Grenoble Isere Airport opened in 2002, and has a capacity for up to one million passengers, with a high-level security system. Amenities in the terminal include 23 tour operators, two Relay stores, a Multistore, a Sports & Fashion Store, a Bar and Restaurant, a Duty-Free Shop, an ATM cash machine, a bicycle wrapping service, rental car counters, and a VIP area Business Center (tel. +33 4 76 65 4848) with conference rooms for rent. Tour operators are also at your disposal.
Parking options at Grenoble Isere Airport include 500 parking spaces in the parking lot close to the passenger terminal. The first 15 minutes of parking are free – ideal for passenger pick-up/drop-off.
To get from Grenoble Isere Airport to your destination, you can rent a car (Avis - +33 4 76 65 4196; Europcar - +33 4 76 93 5213; Hertz - +33 4 76 93 5313; and National/Citer - +33 4 76 65 4765), take a taxi, a shuttle bus or private door-to-door transfers.
1. For Airport taxi inquiries and booking contact the Information desk in the passenger terminal.
2. ITA public bus shuttle services connect the airport with the bus station in Grenoble, where you can pick up connecting services to ski resorts and other regional towns.
3. The Grenoble Altitude bus arrives 2 hrs before your flight, and departs within the hour of your returning flight and takes you in 45 minutes to Grenoble’s center, where you can connect with trains, tramways and buses of the transit system.
4. For Private door-to-door transfers, call the following establishments for reservations: AG-Bus to main ski resorts in Tarentaise Valley at +33 4 76 27 8929. Actibus for business or ski transfers +33 4 76 06 4866; VIP Limousines +33 4 72 48 1618; Tex Voyajeur to ski resorts – limousine service +33 476 01 0203.
Direction de l'Exploitation
St-Etienne de St Geoirs, F-38590
- Website for Grenoble Isere: http://www.grenoble-airport.com/-GENERAL-PUBLIC-AREA-.html
- Contact: email@example.com .
- Phone: +334 76 654848
Grenoble Isere GNB Airport Update History
- GNB Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- GNB Airlines Served - Jun 20, 2013
- GNB Airport Intro - Jun 20, 2013