Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
The large four-level passenger terminal at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport includes a main building, a connector, Piers /Concourses A & B, and elevated walkways. East Piers 1 & 2 & their gates are for international flights only; domestic flights use all other departure gates.
B1 of the Terminal Main Building houses a 'Mini Hotel' for transfer passengers taking early morning flights. It offers 24-hr shower and optional wake-up call service For more information call 020-36068300.
The unique Time Tunnel in the west passage of Main Terminal's B1 - covering 2,300 sq.meters and is 200 meters long - enables passengers to interact with robots, or look at planes flying overhead. It is divided into 4 sections (home of cloud, dream of cloud, heart of cloud and city of cloud.
Exit & Entry Immigration procedures: Both incoming and outgoing passengers need to show a valid passport. Foreign passengers need to complete the 'Foreign Exit & Entry' registration card and have a Chinese Visa. After due inspection, the entry registration card will be taken, while the exit registration card will be returned to passenger. Those holding a group visa to China will be exempted from this requirement.
International Arrivals need to go through Inspection & Quarantine, Border Inspection, Baggage Claim, Customs Inspection, & again Inspection & Quarantine.
International Departures need to check in, get boarding pass, go through Inspection & Quarantine, Customs Inspection, Security check, Frontier Inspection & on to the boarding area. All passengers of international flights board through the East Piers 1 & 2 of Area A.
Security checks Lanes: Of a total of 52 lanes -11of are for international flights at the East Sector:
East Sector: Lane 1, staff & crew; lane 2 passengers; lane 11 First/Business Class, servicemen, elderly, & disabled;
West Sector: Lane 1 First/Business Class; Lanes 2-9 & 12-17 passengers; lane 10 stafff only; lane 11: servicemen, elderly, & disabled;
Depending on your transfer schedule, you can follow one of the four scenarios outlining where to go when transferring to another plane:
- Changing from an international flight to a domestic flight: After deplaning, hand in your health declaration, go through Immigration check, then the baggage claim, go to Customs inspection; then to the Transfer Desk, go through security check and wait in the departure hall for boarding.
- Changing from a domestic flight to an international flight: After deplaning, go to baggage claim, health inspection, customs inspection, then go to the transfer desk, thereafter go through Immigration check, security check, and then wait in the Departure Hall for boarding.
- Changing from international flight to another international flight: After deplaning, go to the transfer desk and thereafter wait in the Departure Hall for boarding.
- Changing from domestic flight to another domestic flight: After deplaning, go to the transfer desk; thereafter wait in the Departure Hall for boarding.
The Passenger Terminal at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport is divided into a Main Terminal (with check-in counters & most retail stores) and Areas A & B, which include border control, customs & quarantine, baggage reclaim and related facilities. - Area A is at the East part of the terminal and includes a security checkpoint and the East Pier with A gates;
- Area B is at the West part of the terminal and includes a security checkpoint and the West Pier with B gates.
- East Pier 1 & 2 are used for international flights, while East Pier 3 and all gates at the West Pier are for domestic flights .
The main Terminal has four levels (its underground level 0 leads to the subway station and parking lot; while Level 4 houses offices):
Level 1 houses the Arrivals Hall with baggage claim & Customs facility;
Level 2 is the Arrivals level with immigration facility;
Level 3 is the Departures level with Departures Hall & 8 entrances/exits (outside of which are the taxi and shuttle bus stops) - divided by Domestic & International sides. (In addition to regular check-in counters, there are automated check-in kiosks for baggage check and boarding passes. )
- The Domestic Departure Hall has 6 check-in counter islands E through N with 144 check-in counters. Services include information pertaining to tickets, international/domestic flights, ticket changes & seat-reconfirmation for return flight, check-in assistance, and more. (Islands E, K & L handle check-in procedures for the International Departures Hall).
- The International Departures Hall has four check-in counter islands G, H, F & J, and 102 check-in counters. Passengers to international flights use Boarding Area A, Concourse East 1.
Boarding Gate Areas: Both East & West Piers/ Concourses can be accessed from the Departures Hall on level 3 - the east side leads to A gates; the west side leads to B gates:
- Area A East Piers: - East Pier 1 (Gate A01-A04, A101-A112), East Pier 2 (Gate A07-A11, A113-A123) and East Pier 3 (Gate A13-A18, A124-A133). Note that Gate A102 opened after replacing its steel seats with comfortable sofa and its walls decorated in Lingnan architectures. Charging stations were increased to 58 and a row of 45 bar seats is intended for business travelers to do their work. Gate A102 represents the first Lingman-style gate in China.
- Area B West Piers: - West Pier 1 (Gate B01-B04, B201-B213), West Pier 2 (Gate B07-B10, B214-B223), West Pier 3 (Gate B13-B18, B124-B133) and nine outer-bay boarding gates, Gate B901-B909.
Services and Amenities at Baiyun Airport: While most food & drink & retail concessions are located in the Domestic Lounge on level 1, you can dine at the Jinlong Food Street, located near Gates 17/18 of the Departure Hall. This area also has an assortment of cafes.
- Special security check line intended for the elderly, disabled & servicemen is at International gate 11, Domestic East gate 11 & Domestic West gate 23.
- Ticket counters on level 3: Domestic ticket counter near gates 3, 11 & 14; International ticket counter near gates 5 & 6.
- Information desks (tel. 020 86137273): four are opposite F & D Islands and near the gates & 15.
- Free internet service: throughout the terminal at 63 hot spots(use AIRPORT-WIFI-FREE).
- Lost & Found is in the Departure Hall on level 3, near gate 1.
- Business Centers, First & Business Class Lounges & Post Office are listed separately as 'Business Sevices'.
- Medical Centers: at gate 27, level 1; on level 3 of west-bridge building; & on level 2 of East II building.
- Mothers & Infants rooms are at Departure areas A & B on level 3.
- Baggage: (a) For overweight baggage exceeding 50kg, or 50x75x90cm in dimension, go to the baggage check-in counters next to gates 1, 9 & 16 of the Departure Hall on level 3 of the main block. (b) Left baggage service is on levels 1 & 3.
- Baggage Storage facilities (tel. 020 – 36066859) at: Gate 16, Domestic Baggage Claim Lobby; Gate 8 in International Departure Lobby, Domestic Arrival Area B (2), International Arrival Area (2).
[A new Terminal 2 is scheduled to open in 2017- connected to the current terminal and sharing access to the Metro line to the city.]
NOTE: Baiyun Airport is building cultural projects with its theme "Legend of New Silk Road" - including "Time Tunnel" and "Silk Road" (both promoted to "Flower City along Silk Road" as well as proceeding on the Feature Boarding Gate "Source of Silk Road", time-keeping lounge "Post of Silk Road", and more. Baiyun Airport endeavors to represent cultural deposits of millennium and Guangzhou sees its role as international window to communicate Lingnan and Chinese culture.
Important Telephone Numbers at Baiyun Airport: (most telephone numbers precede 020-):
- Airport Call Center: tel. 36066999
- Airport Express - Information 86122102; Help Desk 400-830-8688 (without 020- number)
- Baggage Information: Storage 36066859; Lost bags:36066763 (domestic), 86130102 (international); Baggage Info Enquiry (CZ): tel. 86122921 (domestic), 86122913 (international)
- Call Center 020-36066999.
- Lost & Found - 36066946
- Medical Center - 36066926 or 86133851
- Parking Garage - 36062841
- Police Station - 86137273 (7am-10pm)
- Security - 36066581
- VIP Help Desk - 400-830-0000 (without 020- number).