Halifax (YHZ) Airport
Halifax YHZ Airport Overview
Halifax Stanfield International YHZ Airport, opened in 2000 and operated by Halifax International Airport Authority, is an internationally recognized leader in customer service, with first-place awards in the global Airport Service Quality program for many years
The Airport is located in the town of Enfield, 35 km from Halifax, in the Province of Nova Scotia, south-east Canada. Halifax Airport is accessible via Highway 102 (Exit 6), a 30-45 minute drive from downtown Halifax.
With 2 long runways and 3.6 million passengers in 2012, Halifax Stanfield International Airport has more flights to more destinations than any other airport in Atlantic Canada. It is served by an increasing number of airlines, offering domestic, U.S. and overseas flights, with connections worldwide.
The new on-Airport 'AT Hotel Halifx Stanfield' is now completed and ready to receive guests.
1. Halifax Airport offers U.S. Preclearance!
2.Pick up the new & free SOAR Halifax magazine, available inside the terminal, at various stations, containing travel news and tips.
3. Persons with special needs: If you need assistance: Either email your request at least three weeks prior to scheduled departure at YHZ to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 902.873.1434. Include name, telephone, cell phone, e-mail address; special need, name of person arraging assistance, if other than yourself and their contacts; airline & flight number, arrivals time at terminal's curbside & description of vehicle. Also contact your airline ahead of time for assistance.
Halifax Stanfield Airport has one passenger terminal. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Halifax Stanfield Airport: (For more information, please refer to 'Airport Parking' page.)
To get from Halifax Stanfield Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus.
1. The Airporter shuttle serves various metro-area hotels (902-873-2091).
2. The new public MetroX bus, Route 320, offers daily direct (limited stops) service every half hour to downtown Halifax - taking 40 minutes (and to Fall River). The air-conditioned buses hold 36 seats, with luggage racks, standing area, & front-mounted bicycle rack for 2 bikes (first come, first served).
The Acadian Lines serve most of Nova Scotia & the Airport (902-454-9321). For more information contact the Ground Transportation Inspector at 902-873-1410.
Various other shuttle buses operate from Halifax Airport to destinations like Sydney, Annapolis Valley, Yarmouth, Truro and Prince Edward Island, etc. For more options visit the Airport Visitor Information Center or call 902-873-1223.
Present and future Airport developments: Expansion of check-in halls; upgrade of baggage handling & baggage sceening systems; expansion of US preclearance holdroom, replacement of fire & emergency vehicles; reconfiguration of airport roadways; and epansion and upgrade of utility infrastructure.
Halifax YHZ Airport Update History
- YHZ Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- YHZ Airlines Served - Jun 13, 2013