Halifax (YHZ) Airport
Halifax YHZ Airport Overview
YHZ Airport is located in the town of Enfield, 35 km from Halifax, in south-east Canada, and is accessible via Highway 102 (Exit 6), a 30-45 minute drive from downtown Halifax.
With an estimated annual passenger count of 3.6M, and two long runways, Halifax Stanfield International Airport has more flights to more destinations than any other airport in Atlantic Canada. It is served by an increasing number of airlines, offering domestic, U.S. and overseas flights, with connections worldwide.
On-Airport- ground is new 'AT Hotel Halifx Stanfield'.
- Halifax Airport offers U.S. Preclearance: Also, seven BorderXpress automated passport control (APC) kiosks in the U.S. preclearance area speed up U.S. Customs process.
- Arriving visa-exempt foreign nationals (except US citizens and travelers with a valid visa) need an Elecronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Eligible travelers may now apply online for such eTA, and before it becomes mandatory. For more information visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp?utm_source=partner-eng&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=eta
- Pick up the new & free SOAR Halifax magazine, available inside the terminal, at various stations, containing travel news and tips.
- Persons with special needs: If you need assistance: Either email your request at least three weeks prior to scheduled departure at YHZ to email@example.com, or call 902.873.1434. Include name, telephone, cell phone, e-mail address; special need, name of person arraging assistance, if other than yourself and their contacts; airline & flight number, arrivals time at terminal's curbside & description of vehicle. Also contact your airline ahead of time for assistance.
- 'NewLeaf Travel, a low-cst travel company, started service at the Airport offering 2 weekly flights to Hamilton (Ontario).
Halifax Stanfield Airport has one passenger terminal.