Terminal Gate Connection
Connecting flight? Use this tool to help you get between terminals.
Walk Time: min
Shuttle Route min
Shuttle Time: min
Halifax Airport ( YHZ ) Terminal Map # Fast food, restaurants, stores, cafes, bars
Recently the following upgrades have been completed: a baggage handling & sceening systems; expansion of US preclearance holdroom, reconfiguration of airport roadways; and epansion and upgrade of utility infrastructure, as well as a new check-in hall.
- Halifax Airport offers U.S. Customs pre-clearance for departing passengers (located at the far end north of the terminal (follow signs of American Flag); take escalator to level 2, go to ticket counter & check-in bags, proceed through pre-board security screening and through US Customs, then go on to your gate. US Customs is open 5am-5pm (arrive there no later than 4:30pm).
- Those arriving from outside Canada arrive at ground level gates 36 - 46 and must clear customs and immigration.
The lower level of the passenger terminal connects to the parking facilities via a South, Center & North Tunnel (to Parkade and car rental facilities) and has Pay-on-Foot ticket stations in the three lower level tunnel exits.. This level connects to the Main level via staircase, escalators and elevators.
The Main level houses in the center its main lobby with food & shops. It also houses the ticketing and check-in facilities, a visitor information center, currency exchange, WiFi access, food & drink and retail concessions.
- To the left of the Lobby is preboard security screening, entrance to U.S. pre-clearance, domestic arrivals with baggage claim, international arrivals with baggage claim, Canada Customs and a gateway from gates 34 to 46.
- To the right of the main lobby are ticketing and check-in facilities, leading to two gateways, one with gates 5 to 9 and one with gates 4, 3, and 2A - 2E
The Departures level has in the center access to the observation deck and (from left to right) Gates 10 to 28. The Departures Holdroom offers food & drink, as well as shops. US check-in, US pre-board security screening and US Customs are on the left side, followed by a US Departures holdroom near gate 28. Duty-fee shops are in the U.S. departures area and across from Gate 24. Self-serve baggage drops are now in place.
To access Air Canada's Maple Leaf Lounge, take the elevator after the security checkpoint.
Other Amenities & servics inside the passenger terminal include food & drink and retail concessions; ATM cash machines, a food court, Kid's World a full-service bank, WiFi access, as well as:
- Full-service Royal Bank of Canada machine in the hallway between the main lobby & domestic arrivals; and U.S. currency ATM by Travelex Canada in the U.S. preclearance departure area. (Travelex Canada is open 6am-11pm, located on the main level.)
- Top Nova Scotia-made liquor is available a 'Liquid Assets', post-security.