Hannover Langenhagen Airport HAJ
is close to the town of Langenhagen and 11 km north of the city center of Hannover, in the state of Lower Saxony, northern Germany. The Airport is accessible via A7 (Hamburg-Kassel) and A2 (Berlin-Dortmund), connecting to A352 at the A2 Langenhagen exit.
With 5.4 million passengers in 2016, and three runways, Hanover Airport is served by domestic and international, regular and low-cost airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to European cities and beyond (with close to a hundred East European and Central Asian destinations). Seasonal charters take you to popular vacation destinations. The Airport is fully accessible (barrier-free).
On-Airport Hotels at Hannover Airport:
- The Holiday Inn Hannover Airport, a 4 star hotel, only 200 m from the passenger terminals (Tel: +49 (0) 511 – 77070), and
- The Maritim Airport Hotel, across from Terminals B/C (Tel.: +49 (0)511 97370).
Hannover Airport has four passenger terminals: connected TA/TB/TC.
Departure and Arrival levels offer identical amenities, except that the Arrivals Level also houses customs. The Airport can be reached by the S-Bahn (subway) S5 (close to the terminal C entrance.
The Gate Areas at c
onnected terminals A, B & C, at Departure levels: A gates 1-6, B gates 7-12; C gates 13-20.
Amenities & services include
: Free WLAN internet access and T-Mobile HotSpots and at NewsCafe at Terminal C at departures, Information desks, food & drink establishments & shops, EC-cash machines or ATMs, bank branch & Travelex (at T-B), lost & found, Kiddy Land, police, automatic money changer, conference room, luggage storage, luggage tracing, tax-free shops, meeting point, chapel, Islamic prayer room, lounge, drugstore, observation deck. Rental car counters are in the Arrivals area.
The Airport Service Center in Terminal B is open 24/7 and located on the Arrivals level (tel. +49 (0)511 977-0; fax 977-1374).
- The Karl Jatho Lounges 1 & 2 are between terminals A & B (tel. +49 (0) 511 977-4880).
- Lufthansa's Busines Lounge and Senator Lounge are in the security area of Terminal A and accessible by all Star Alliance customers.
- Large digital information screens are now available on all three terminals.
- Wizz Air started service late October 2016.