Hannover (HAJ) Airport
Hannover HAJ Airport Overview
Hannover Langenhagen Airport HAJ is close to the town of Langenhagen and 11 km north of the city center of Hannover, in the state of Lower Saxony, northern Germany. The Airport is accessible via A7 (Hamburg-Kassel) and A2 (Berlin-Dortmund), connecting to A352 at the A2 Langenhagen exit.
With three runways and 5.3 passengers in 2012, Hanover Airport is served by domestic and international, regular and low-cost airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to European cities and beyond (with close to a hundred East European and Central Asian destinations). Seasonal charters take you to popular vacation destinations.
On-Airport Hotels at Hannover Airport:
(a) The Holiday Inn Hannover Airport, a 4 star hotel, only 200 m from the passenger terminals (Tel: +49 (0) 511 – 77070), and
(b) The Maritim Airport Hotel, across from Terminals B/C (Tel.: +49 (0)511 97370).
Hannover Airport has four passenger terminals: connected TA/TB/TC & separate TD (TA & TB share Garage P1/P2 and TC has garage P3, while TD uses Garage P). Departure and Arrival levels offer identical amenities, except that the Arrivals Level also houses customs. These amenities include: Internet access and T-Mobile HotSpots and at NewsCafe at Terminal C at departures, Information desks, food & drink establishments & shops, EC-cash machines or ATMs, bank branch & Travelex (at T-B), lost & found, Kiddy Land, police, automatic money changer, conference room, luggage storage, luggage tracing, tax-free shops, meeting point, chapel, Islamic prayer room, lounge, drugstore, observation deck. Rental car counters are in the Arrivals area.
The Airport Service Center in Terminal B (tel. +49 (0)511 977-0; fax 977-1374) is open 24/7 and located on the Arrivals level.
Lounges: The Karl Jatho Lounges 1 & 2 are between terminals A & B (tel. +49 (0) 511 977-4880). Lufthansa's Busines Lounge and Senator Lounge are in the security area of Terminal A and accessible by all Star Alliance customers.
Parking options at Hannover Airport: short-term parking is in front of the terminals; first hour is free. Campers & large vehicles have a separate parking lot; Express service will park your car for you.
To get from Hannover Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a shuttle, a bus or the train:
1. Taxi ranks are directly at the exits of the arrivals terminal and the trip to city center takes about 20 mins. at about 25 EUR.
2. Door-to-Door Shuttle Service, 24/7 (Night Liner Plus, Tel: +49 (0)511-977-4880, or Welcome Taxi, Tel: +49 (0)511-977-4370).
3. The 470 Bus to Langenhagen Center runs a few times an hour and chares 2 EUR. The bus stop is between the Maritim Airport Hotel and Garage 3, right next to Terminal C.
4. The S5 line (the Hannover Airport train) runs to Hannover Central Station every 30 mins, taking 15 mins to get there. You need to buy your ticket before you get on the train. The one-way fare is 2.80 EUR. For a schedule call (free) +49(0) 1800.
Langenhagen, Niedersachsen, D-30855
- Website for Hannover: http://www.hannover-airport.de/index.php?L=1
- Contact: http://www.hannover-airport.de/index.php?id=2083&L=1
- Phone: +49 511 977-0
Hannover HAJ Airport Update History
- HAJ Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- HAJ Airlines Served - Jul 3, 2013
- HAJ Airport Intro - Jun 16, 2013