Harstad Narvik (EVE) Airport
Harstad Narvik EVE Airport Overview
Harstad/Narvik Airport Evenes EVE serves both the Norwegian Nordland cities of Harstad and Narvik. To avoid confusion, it was decided to use the name ‘Lofoten International Airport’ for marketing purposes only, as this is the nearest airport from Lofoten. (Wideroe Airline offers flights to both Solvaer & Leknes airports in Lofoten). Note that the city of Narvik also has its own small airport (Narvik Framnes Airport).
The Airport is located in the municipality of Evenes in Nordland, on the Lofoten archipelago, which is in the arctic circle of northwest Norway, and can be reached by motorway E10. It is 45 km from Harstad and 79 km from Narvik.
With a long runway and an estimated 500,000 passengers a year, Harstad/Narvik Airport is served mainly by SAS, Wideroe & Norwegian Airlines, offering direct flights into Oslo, Trondheim, Bodo and Tromso, etc. Seasonal charter flights are available to popular vacation venues.
Note: For domestic departures, arrive at least one hour prior to departure, for international flights 1.5 hours, and for Charter flights 2 hours. Airport service hours are: Mon-Fri 5:45am-12:10am; Sat 5:45am-5pm; Sun 6:30am-12:10am.
The passenger terminal at Harstad/Narvik Airport offers free internet access, a cafe, lost & fround, tax refund, and Ofoten Sparebank ATM machine which offers Norwegian kroners, while SpareBank 1Nord-orge ATM machine also offers Euros. There are 2 meeting rooms, each with 16 seats, available, as well as the Evenes VIP room. (tel. +57 67 03 4240).
Rental cars from Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, & Sixt are available in the arrivals area.
Parking options at Harstad/Narvik Airport include:
1. Short-term & long-term parking in P4 (first 20 minutes free), within easy walking distance to the terminal.
2. Long-term economy parking in P5 (for first 20 minutes free), with some distance from terminal and behind P1.
3. P-house P3 parking with 40 spaces is in the terminal basement, with signs indicating the number of spaces available.
4. Handicapped spaces are in front of the termina and in P1.
Major credit cards are accepted. For more parking information call +47 67 03 41111.
To get from Harstad/Narvik Airport to your destination, you can take a taxi or a bus: A number of bus connections are available to Harstad, Narvik, Vesteralen and Lofoten: 'Flybussen.NO' run to Harstad, Narvik and Sortland; 'Veolia Transport' runs to Lofoten, Vesteralen and Harstad, and Svolvaer Expressen serves Svolvaer.
Train connections are available from Narvik to Stockholm-Goteborg.
Harstad Narvik EVE Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Harstad Narvik EVE Airport Update History
- Updated EVE Airport Intro page - Apr 2, 2013
- Updated EVE Airports page - Apr 2, 2013
- Updated EVE Direct Flights page - Mar 20, 2013
- Updated EVE Parking On site page - Feb 4, 2013