Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport Terminal Map
Main Terminal / Concourses at Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
The passenger terminal complex at Atlanta Airport consists of two main terminals: the Domestic Terminal with North & South Terminals & Concourses T, A, B, C & D; and new International Terminal ('Maynard Jackson Terminal' or IT / TI) with Concourses E & F. TI is one mile from Domestic Terminal (on Aviation Blvd., near Loop Road) - connected by free underground Plane Train serving all domestic & international Concourses.
NOTE: For travel within the U.S., check in at the Domestic Terminal; for travel outside of the U.S. check in at the International Terminal.
Getting Around at Atlanta Airport: (For layover/ standby - 'Minute Suites' are available 24/7 (tel. 404-762-7660) at the Domestic Terminal's Concourse B, near gate B15) - you can take a nap on a comfortable couch with pillow & blanket, watch TV, surf the net. )
1. The underground 'Plane Train' stops at the center of each Concourse.
2. The Terminal Connector Shuttle at Domestic terminal's ground transport center connects to the International terminal (outside of Arrivals) within 15 mins.
3. The SkyTrain runs beween the Domestic Terminal Complex and the new Rental Car Center, with a stop in between at Georgia International Convention Center (GICC). (A four-lane roadway across Interstate 85 also connects to the rental car center.) It is a ten-minute round trip, with a 2.5 minute waiting time at the stations. (GICC includes 9,900 parking spaces divided into a four-story parking deck, a customer service center, and a vehicle maintenance center with gas pumps & car-wash bays.)
4. International Arrivals at Concourses E or F have separate immigration & customs checkpoints. While passengers arriving at Concourse F will go through customs clearance (CBP) at this concourse , regardless if connecting to other flights or not - Arrivals at Concourse E who need to connect to another flight will be processed right there, while Atlanta-bound travelers will pass through a sterile corridor with moving walkways leading to the Concourse F's CBP.
5. Arriving from an international flight & transferring to a domestic flight: After going through International Arrivals customs clearance procedure, follow signs to the 'Plane Train' serving all concourses in the center of their gate arrangements. Also, the Terminal Connector Shuttle located outside the Arrivals level takes you to the Domestic Terminal - a 12-minute ride.
6. Arriving from a domestic flight & transferring to an international flight: (a) if arriving on a single ticket, you can proceed to your connecting gate. (b) if arriving on two or more tickets issued by non-participating airlines, you need to collect your bags and take them with you on the terminal connector shuttle located at the ground transport center; from there it takes 15 minutes to get to the International Terminal, where you have to check-in your bag again and then go through security and on to your gates.
7. The Airport's above-ground train station is served by the rapid transit system (MARTA) and located inside the Domestic Terminal's ground transport center, located between North & South Terminals, on the west end. A shuttle bus at the new International Terminal's arrivals level will take you to the domestic terminal's ground transportation center.
TERMINAL DETAILS: Note that currently LAX offers a choice of 122 new food & retail concessions, while by the end of 2014, there will be 152 - pleasing every taste and budget.
1. The Domestic Passenger Terminal at ATL is divided into three parts: Main, North & South Terminals
The Main Terminal in the center (flanked on either side by the 'North' & 'South' terminals) houses the Ground Transportation Center, an Atrium, and a Main Security Checkpoint leading A - F gates served by the Plane Train. Separate North & South Security checkpoints lead to N gates T9-T15 and S gates T1-T8. Concourse T is attached to the Main Terminal, followed by separate buildings for Concourses A through D, parallel to one another and arranged successively in distance from the main terminal. (Note that international Concourse E - the last of the five successive buildings - is part of the new International Terminal - its Concourses E + F are connected by a long tunnel)
Doors W1 & W2 lead to the escalators, and next to the elevator is the Delta ticket service center, followed in the center by the MARTA City Train. Opposite the main entrance door W1 outside are shuttle bus & taxi stands. Beyond the MARTA train station is the Information desk. You are now entering the Arrivals lobby, starting with the Atlanta Convention & Visitors’ Bureau and the Travelers Aid station. Food, drink and retail establishments surround the atrium, with an escalator in the middle to the third level Atrium which houses the USO, the Executive Conference Center, the medical center and Houlihan’s. Beyond that is the main security check-point, followed by an escalator leading to the Plane Train station serving all domestic and international concourses.
North & South Terminals are only for ticketing / check-in & baggage claim for specifically assigned airlines:
The North Terminal presently serves following airlines: AirTran, American, Frontier, Georgia Skies, Silver, Southwest, Spirit, United, US Airways. (a) For ticketing & check-in use Doors N6, N5 or N4. Near door N5 is the elevator/escalator to lower parking, American Airlines baggage claim, pet relief area & doorway LN2.
(b) For the baggage claim area, use Doors N3, N2 or N1. Close to door N3 is the elevator/escalator to lower parking, Greyhound Flightlink & Doorway LN1.
The South Terminal presently serves the following airlines: Alaska & Delta
(a) For ticketing & check-in use Doors S1 to S4. Close to door S3 is the elevator/escalator to Lower Parking & Doorway LS1.
(b) For the baggage claim area, use doors S5, S6 & S7. Close to door S6 is the elevator/escalator to lower parking, & doorway LS2.
Between North & South Terminals - outside - are are various modes of transportation available (the international shuttle connector, hotel shuttles, off-airport parking shuttles & shared-ride shuttles, taxis, and the SkyTrain takes you to the Rental Car Center.
Concourse T at Atlanta Airport reached from the east side of the Main terminal (gates T9-15 at left, T8-T1 at right ). Near gates T11 is an escalator to American Airline baggge claim, and an exit to the main terminal's baggage claim & ground transportation. The Delta ticket service center is near Gate T7 & in the center. The Delta self-service center is between Gates T2 & T3 and at Gate T5. The Delta recharge station is across from Gates T2/T3 and at Gate T7. Food & drink, retail shops, and services are disbursed throughout the Concourse. Airline lounges: American Admirals Club & Delta Sky Club.
Concourse A (gates A19-34 at left; A18-A1 at right - escalator/ elevator/ Plane Train to Concourses & baggage claim in center). The Delta ticket service center is opposite Gate A18, Delta recharge station is next to Gate A21, Delta self-service center is at Gate 27. Food & drink (a new food court with 11 options has just been added), retail shops, and services are disbursed throughout the Concourse. Airline lounges: Delta Sky Club
Concourse B gates B19-B36 at left, B18-B1 at right - escalator/ elevator / Plane Train to Concourses in center) The Delta ticket service center and the Delta self-service center are both near Gate B9; the Delta recharge station is near Gate B16 and the Smoking Lounge is near Gate B24. Food & drink, retail shops, and services are disbursed throughout the Concourse. Airline Lounges: Delta Sky Club.
Concourse C (gates C30-57 at left; C22-C1 at right - escalator/ elevator/ Plane Train to Concourses in center). The Delta Connection ticket service center is at Gate C40. Food & drink, retail shops, and services are disbursed throughout the Concourse. Airline Lounges: Delta Sky Club.
Concourse D (gates D21-D46 at left; D16-D1 & D1A at right - escalator/ elevator/ to Plane Train to Concourses & baggage claim in center).
Food & drink, retail shops, and services are disbursed throughout the terminal. Food & drink, retail shops, and services are disbursed throughout the Concourse. By July 2013, a 91,000 sq.foot expansion was added, as well as new concessions. Airline lounges: United Club & Delta Sky Club.
Current Regional Airline Affiliations operating at ATL:
American Connection / American Eagle / Chautauqua Airlines
Delta Connection / Atlantic Southeast / Comair / Compass / Pinnacle / Shuttle America / Mesaba
United Express / ExpressJet Airlines / Mesa / Shuttle America / SkyWest
US Airways Express / Air Wisconsin / Mesa / Republic
NOTE: Domestic flights by Silver Airways (Code 3M - tel. 800-4999-7450) presently arrive/depart from the E gates. CHECK first!
2. The new International Terminal 'Maynard Jackson' (TI or IT) - opened May 2012 & earning a LEED Gold certification - is located on Terminal Roadway, one mile to the west from Interstate Hwy 75, Exit 239 (domestic terminals use exit 242 of I-85) - one mile before the domestic exit, overhead signs will show both upcoming I-85 & I-75 Airport exits - stay left if heading for international terminal). Passenger pickup is on lower-level roadway - follow signs to Arrivals; if picking up a passenger inside the terminal, head for the Arrivals Hall.
Terminal Transfers: On the Arrivals level the E-F Connector leads to the Plane Train connecting the international concourses E & F to all other concourses of the domestic terminal; while the Terminal Connector Shuttle located outside the Arrivals level takes you to the Domestic Main Terminal - a 12-minute ride.
Baggage check-in sites: Aside from the 85 ticket counters inside the departures level, you have the option of checking in your bag at one of the six curbside counters on the departures level. Furthermore, Delta passengers may check baggage in the international hourly parking deck, on level 4 - next to pedestrian walkway to the terminal.
Note that Maynard Jackson Terminal's Food Court is recognized by the Moodie Report as being 'first in class'.
The Arrivals level (level 1) has entry/exit doors A1-A3. After debarkation, passengers walk the corridor towards the escalators taking them to the Arrivals level, where they go through customs & Immigration, then proceed to the baggage claim area with 7 carousels.
(a) Connecting passengers recheck-in their bags by proceeding to the transit area past baggage claim and turning left to baggage recheck counters, then follow signs to Concourse F Plane Train station or pedestrian walkway connecting to concourses E, D, C, B, A, T, and to the Domestic Main Terminal.
(b) Non-connecting passengers can meet their friends & family in the Arrivals hall.
The Mezzanine Level (level 3) houses airline lounges & clubs, business & personal services, accessible via escalators/elevators.
The Departures level (level 2) is for ticketing & check-in. Level 2 houses two large ticketing counters and 70 self-service check-in kiosk, leading to security checkpoint and Concourses F & E. Exit door 2 leads to the Hourly Parking Deck. The 8 lanes at the main TSA security checkpoint is for passengers with boarding passes to gates on Concourses E & F; past the security checkpoint is the Transit Hall - an open, two-level area with access to Concourse F and its Plane Train station. The International Atrium offers food & drink and retail concessions; and the Mezzanine level
NOTE: While all airlines with international service will use the International Terminal, they may use either Concourse F or E - your ticket and the overhead screens will indicate the gate assignment.
Concourse E with gates E1 to E37(gates E12-E1 at left; E26-37 at right, gates E14-18 at south-center - with escalator/ elevator/ Plain Train to Concourses & baggage claim in center). The Delta ticket counter is near Gate E7; the AICA ticket counter is close to the Center’s escalator. Food & drink, retail shops, and services are disbursed throughout the Concourse.
Airline Lounges: Delta Sky Club, British Airways Lounge; & Lufthansa Senator Lounge. The underground 'Plane Train' tunnel and pedestrian walkway lead to Concourse F or to all other domestic concourses.
Concourse F is part of the International Main Terminal. On the departures level, after going through security check is the Transition Hall with information counter and access to the right to gates F14 to F1. The underground 'Plane Train' tunnel and pedestrian walkway lead to Concourse E and all other domestic concourses.
VIP lounge 'The Club at ATL' is on the mezzanine level and is for common use - available to all passengers with da pass available at reception desk.
Take stairs down to tunnel, follow signs to Terminal B, take stairs back up
Walk Time: 10 min
Take stairs down to tunnel, take shuttle to Terminal B, take stairs back up
Shuttle Time: 7 to 17 min
Through Security? NoGo back to search