Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi (HYD) Airport
Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi HYD Airport Overview
Rajiv Gandhi Airport is located near Shamshabad and is 22 km south of downtown Hyderabad (and 30 km from Begumpet), and is accessib le via National Highway NH-7 & Srisailam State Hwy.
With two long runways and an average of 8.5 million passengers a year, Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi Airport is a hub for Blue Dart Aviation, and focus city to Jet Airways & Kingfisher Airlines, and is served by many airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
On-Airport Hotels at Hyderabad Airport:
1. 'Novotel Hyderabad Airport Hotel' (tel. +91-40-6625 0000 /Airport Counter +91-40-6660 3714) which also offers conference facilities.
2. Airport Lodge (tel. +91-40-2400 8371) is opposite the passener terminal at the Public Transport Center, and is an economy short-stay option.
3. the Airport Transit Hotel (tel. +91-40-660 3727 (internat'l) and 3922 (domestic) represents the Plaza Premium Lounge, located at the car park level.
4. SAMS Snooze at My Space - Sleeping Pods (tel. +91 88002 330013 are available at the International Departures Pier (opposite boarding gate 17) .
Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi Airport has presently two passenger terminals - Main Terminal 1 and Low-cost Terminal 2:
NOTE: To accompany a departing passenger, you need to obtain an entry ticket (100 rupees). For information call+91-40-6660 4781.
MainTerminal 1 - divided into a Domestic area and an International area - has an Arrivals and a Departure Level with 12 contact & 30 remote aircraft stands. It accommodates 12 million passengers a year, has 60 aircraft bays and 12 airbridges; the baggage handling system consists of a 4-level in-line baggage sceening system X-ray; there are 136 regular and 16 self-check-in counters and 46 immigration counters (23 for Departures, 22 for Arrivals, 1 for Transit).
The Boarding area offers food, drink, stores & services, with access to gates are gates 22 - 30B (with gates 25A & 25H being two levels down)
An exclusive Transfer desk is located at the Aerobridge Arrivals and at Domestic Arrivals, near baggage belt 2 - assisting transfer passengers. There you may print out your onward boarding card for connections via IndiGo, Spicejet & Jet Airways.
Minimum Transfer times: 45 mins for Domestic to Domestic; 30 mins between Domestic & International flights.
Contacts: Customs: +91-40-2400 3031; Immigration: +91-40-2324 1413; Customer Care: toll free 1-800-149-2008; Call Center: 040-66546370.
Airport & AirlineLounges:
1. In International Departures you find the Kingfisher Red Lounge, and an ITC Smoking Lounge.
2. In the Domestic Terminal you find the Jet Airways & Plaza Premium lounges at Arrivals, & the Kingfisher lounge at Departures.
3. Air India's lounges can be contacted for domestic flights at +91-40-6660 5166, for for international flights at +91-40-6660-5167.
4. The three 'Plaza Pemium Lounges' are pay-in lounges' open 24 hours/day to all airport users. They are located at (a) at International Arrivals, Level C, Commercial Plaza, tel. (91) 040 6660 3131; (b) at International Departures, Level E near Gate 32A, tel. (91) 040 6660 3727; and (c) at Domestic Departures, level E near Gate 28, tel. (91) 040 6660 3922.
Terminal 2, the Low-cost Airline Terminal, serves about 500,000 passengers headed to the Singapore Changi and the Kuala Lumpur airports.
Parking options at Hyderabad Airport: A parking lot in front of Terminal 1 has 1,500 parking spaces. For more parking information call Tenaga Parking at 04066604205. NEW: For car trouble call 1-800-2666-2003 - this 24-hour emergency breakdown service offers trained manpower and mobile service from MyTVS'.
Future Airport Developments: The Airport is in its second phase of development, which calls for the expansion of Terminal 1 to keep up with growing demand. Upon completion it will have 54 aircraft stands. Also, the low-cost terminal will be expanded to its full capacity of 1.5 M passengers per annum.
Phase III of the Airport development will add additional floor area. New acquisitons of land north & south of the Airport will allow for two more runways.
Furthermore, construction of rail line doubling between Jhansi & Bhimsen stations of Uttar Pradesh State started April 2014 - to be tentatively completed late 2017.