OverviewPublic transportation from Instanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport: The following public bus lines stop at the Airport: E3 to Levent; E9 to Bostanci; E10 to Kurtkoy & Kadikoy; 16S to Yenisehir & Kozyatagu; and 132 to Kartal - Teperoren.
1. Havas Shuttle white-colored buses (tel. +90 216 411 8600 or visit: havatas.com) run (a) between the Airport and Taksim (across the Bosporus), and (b) to Kadikoy. Shuttles are parked in front of the terminal building's Arrivals level exit.
the Taksim departure point is across from the Taksim Divan hotel - in front of the Point Hotel;
the Kadikoy departure point is the pier. The rip to Taksim takes about one hour, less for the Kadikoy trip.
2. Metro IETT bus service by Buses E3, E9, E10, E11, 16S, 18H, & KM22 run between the Airport, its nearest Metro station, and City Center, taking 30-45 mins.
3. The Kadikoy Kartal Light Rail System now runs between Kadikoy & Kartal (north to south) with 14 stations in between. It is to integrate with the Marmaray Project:
The Marmaray Project - completed in 2013 - represents the BOSPORUS TUBE CROSSING TUNNEL and will 'eventually' integrate the fragmented local rail system which runs two unconnected tracks in the Asian & European sides.
4. The Pendik ‘Sea Bus’ Port (+90 212 444 4436) is 14 km from the Airport ; from there you can take a ferry to the Islands.
[The Pendik train station is 14 km from the Airport - however the Haydarpasa-Pendik trains will not run for the next 2 years!]
5. Akmis Seyahat Buses are available to: Bursa, Yalova, Gemlik, Sakarya, Kocaeli, Gebze & Karamursel. For more information open: akmisseyahat.com.tr
5. Passengers who travel from the European side to the Airport, using:
(a) the Metrobus - may change either at Uzuncayir stop to E10 or E11 buses, or to the M4 Kadikoy Kartal metro line and then change over to the KM22 at the Kartal stop. For more information call (0212) 245 0720; or visit (www) iett.gov.tr)
(b) the Marmaray Bus and then changing at Ayrilikcesme stop to the M4 Kadikoy Kartal metro line and the KM22 at Kartal stop. (For more information open: harita.iett.gov.tr)