FSD AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
FSD Delays: 15 mins or less.
Sioux Falls Regional FSD Airport Overview
Sioux Fall Regional Airport FSD - known as 'Joe Foss Fields' - serves South Dakota's city of Sioux Falls and its surrounding areas. The Airport is undertaking many short- intermediate and long-term improvements, including extending its runway to ultimately 9,399 feet to accommodate larger aircraft.
The Airport is located in Sioux Falls and has direct access to Minnesota Avenue, exit at Jaycee Lane. It also and offers easy access from all directions off Interstates Hyws 90 and 29 and the SD highway 38. From the north or south, travelers can take I-29 exit 81 at Russell Street and follow the signs to the airport. From the west, take I-29 south to exit 81. From the east, I-90 exit 399 leads to SD highway 38A or Benson Road which both lead to the airport.
With an estimated 870,000 passengers in 2012, Sioux Fall Regional Airport is presently served by Allegiant, American Eagle, Delta/Delta Connection, Frontier, and United, offering direct flights to major U.S. hubs, with connections throughout the world.
The passenger terminal at Sioux Falls Regional has been undergoing considerable changes and emerged after 2012 as a completely renovated and expanded facility.
The ticket counter now allows all luggage screening to be moved from lobby to behind-the-scene terminal, reducing congestion & streamlining check-in process. Self-service check-in kiosks, more ticket counter check-in space and a new business lounge and gift shop were added. The ticketing wing was expanded and renovated to accommodate more airlines and passengers. The Concourse expansion added new gates 1 & 2 and gate 3 & 7 were renovated & expanded.
Current airlines servign FSD Airport: Allegiant, American Eagle, Delta, Frontier & United.
If you pick up a passenger at the Airport, use the free cell phone ('Pickup Waiting') lot, marked at the entrance sign of Minnesota Avenue. Stay with your car until your party has collected bags and calls you to be picked up at the curb.
Other parking options at Sioux Fall Regional Airport: Short-term parking is right across from the passenger terminal, while long-term lots are right behind it, divided by the Parking Exit Plaza. For passenger dropoff use 'Second Chance' entrances - drop off passenger, then cicle around to park.
For payment, go ticketless by swiping your credit or debit card. Parking fees are very low.
Rental car counters for some major agencies are located in the arrivals area of the terminal.
To get from Sioux Falls Regional Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi (Yellow Cab 605-336-1616; City Wide Taxi 605-32-1234), Royal Limo (605-332-7952), InterLink Shuttle (605-658-1658) or the GP Shuttle (Brookings - 605-692-7097). A number of hotels provide the own courtesy shuttles for their guests.
Sioux Falls Regional FSD Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Sioux Falls Regional FSD Airport Update History
- Updated FSD Airport Intro page - May 15, 2013
- Updated FSD Airports page - May 15, 2013
- Updated FSD Direct Flights page - Feb 21, 2013
- Updated FSD Parking On site page - Feb 21, 2013