John Wayne SNA Airport Overview
Orange County John Wayne Airport SNA - also referred to as 'JWA' - has recently been named a 'Local Historic Civil Engineering Landmark' by the Orange County branch of the American Society of Civil Engineers. The Airport, which is serving California's densly-populated Orange County, added to its name that county's former resident and legendary actor John Wayne.
SNA Airport is located in Santa Ana, 35 miles south of Los Angeles, between the cities of Costa Mesa, Irvine, and Newport Beach. It is situated right off highway 405 (Exit 8 MacArthur Blvd.) and is accessible via highway 55, connecting to the North-east to I-5 / Santa Ana freeway, and South-west to I-405; and to Toll Road SR-73.
With two runways and servicing 9M passengers annually, John Wayne Airport it is served by major commercial and commuter airlines offering hundreds of daily arrivals and departures with nonstop flights to many U.S. destinations and connections around the world.
Due to noise abatement issues, flyers experience somewhat of a rocket take-off, as pilots push their planes to full-power in a steep ascent, trying to reach a higher altitude when passing over Newport Beach and out over the ocean. Seat belts fastened?
1. Use caution when traveling the Airport roadways and plan to arrive 90 mins to 2 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure to find parking, to go through security screening and to get to your gate on time.
Reduce your wait time by getting your boarding pass on-line (at your airline site) or by using the airline check-in kiosks. If you are traveling with American Airlines (& soon others - find out), try the new paperless boarding pass. Also, choose the screening lane that is right for you: the Expert, Casual, or Family/ Medical Liquids Lane.
2. The TSA Pre-Check 'Pop-Up' Information Center has been expanded . Global Entry members should enter PASS ID number into the 'Known Traveler' field when booking a domestic flight reservation.
Orange County Airport has one Main Passenger Terminal - named the 'T.F. Riley Terminal'- with 'Terminals' A, B & C.
John Wayne SNA Airport Update History
- SNA Terminal Map - Oct 27, 2013
- SNA Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- SNA Airport Intro - Oct 11, 2013
- SNA Main Terminals - Oct 11, 2013
- SNA Rental Cars - Oct 11, 2013
- SNA Taxis & Limos - Oct 7, 2013
- SNA Buses & Trains - Oct 3, 2013
- SNA Official Website Links - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Persons With Disabilities - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Pets - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Security - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Smoking - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Mail Center - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Lost Found - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Internet - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Banking ATM - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Business Services - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Carts Skycap - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Currency Exchange - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Emergency - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Guest Services - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Int Arrivals - Sep 2, 2013
- SNA Parking On site - Aug 7, 2013
- SNA Food & Stores - Jun 26, 2013
- SNA Airlines Served - Jun 23, 2013