The Airport is located in the Callao section of Peru's capital city of Lima, 11 km from Lima's Historic Center, and 17 km from Miraflores. Elmer Faucet Avenue links the Airport directly to downtown Lima.
With two long runway and 18.8 million passengers in 2016, Lima Jorge Chavez International is hub to LAN Peru, TACA Peru (which have recently merged) & other domestic airlines, and is served by a host of international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all parts of the globe.
The automated flight center at Lima Airport can be reached at (511) 511-6055.
The on-Airport four-star 'Ramada Costa del Sol Lima Hotel' (tel. 511 711 2000) is right in front of the control tower and the Arrivals exit. For other hotel accommodations visit the ‘Iperu’ counters in the Arivals area.
Jorge Chavez International Airport has one passenger terminal, divided into Domestic & International traffic.
- Tourists at Lima Airport will have access to a video about arrivals procedures and travel in the Country - also available at 'In the Spot' on YouTube, where a Peruvian minister makes recommendations & gives great travel advice.
- Discussion about Peru /U.S.A. visa-free travel are currently ongoing.
- ALL passengers now need their bags X-rayed & examined.
- A recent passenger survey showed that 92 percent of respondents gave the Airport high marks.
Current and future Airport developments:
- The 960-meter tunnel under Nestor Gambetta Avenue in Callao, now under construction and intended to ease traffic congestion around the airport, is to be completed by late 2016/ early 2017.
- Construction on a new Airport entrance will start 2017 - to be completed by 2019. Access will be by a 4-lane bypass from Santa Rosa Avenue, which is to be linked to the Costa Verde coastal road by 2019.
- A $1B expansion project involves a second terminal and runway and should boost total Airport capacity to 30M passengers annually by 2031.
- Construction on a second runwayis also o the agenda.
Lima - Callao, 100
Phone: +511 517 3100