Karlsruhe Baden Airpark (FKB) Airport
Karlsruhe Baden Airpark FKB Airport Overview
FKB Airport is located in the town of Rhinemunster, 40 km south of Karlsruhe and 12 km west of Baden-Baden (and 55 km north of Strasbourg, France). The Airport is accessible via Highway A5.
With a long runway and about 1.3 million passengers a year, Baden Airpark is served by many national and International, regular and low-cost airlines, offering flights to a host of European cities with connections around the world, and by seasonal charters to popular vacation destinations.
The on-Airport 'B&B Hotel Baden-Airpark' (tel. +49 72 29 18480) is located just across from the passenger terminal.
Baden Airpark has one passenger terminal. It opens 2.5 hours prior to first departing flight and closes after arrival of the last flight. Overnight stays by passengers are not permitted.
Services and amenities inside the terminal include: Baby-changing facilities inside the disabled passenger restroom; an open-air playground close to the departure gates and a playground corner is in both the Schengen & non-Schengen areas. The Travel Value Shop can be contacted at + 49 72 29 / 18 56 969, and U Store at pre-security offers magazines & sweets. Alize Souvenir & Internet is in pre-security, and two coffee shops and the bistro ‘Flyer’s’ with a beer garden are at post-security. The passenger terminal has over 15 travel agencies at your disposal. The cash machine opposite the bistro is dispensing Euros, and a money changer machine is close-by. Coin-phones are found at different terminal locations. Wireless LAN access through Cloud is available. Also, a conference room for 2 to 10 people is available (tel: + 49 72 29 / 66 50 00.
Outside the terminal is the restaurant Da Vinci located opposite P13.
Parking options at Baden Airpark:
1. Carparks P4 & P1- the closest to the terminal - for short-term parking with the first 30 minutes free.
2. carpark P5 (an underground car park);
3. carparks P12, P13, P14 & P15 for long-term parking; and
4. economy carpark P3 is opposite the ice rink, inside Building B11).
Transport options from Baden Airpark to your destination: Taxi stands are in front of the terminal. The trip from the Airport to the main station in Baden-Baden takes 15 mins. Shuttle buses include AAS Airport-Abhol-Shuttle (tel: + 49 72 29 / 22 59); Airport Bercan Service (Tel: +49 72 29 / 69 93 93); Airport Express (tel: +49 72 23 / 9 69 90); Alsace Navette (Tel: +33 388 / 22 22 71).
Buses: for timetable visit baden-airpark-express.de ‘KVV-lines from/to Baden Airpark’. You can get your bus ticket at the Avis rental car counter in the terminal’s arrival area.
1. Bus Route 205 - Airport via Hugelsheim, Kartung, mainstation Baden-Baden – call +49 72 21 / 27 76 50.
2. Bus route 234 (SWEG) - Airport via Hugelsheim, Iffezheim to main station Rastatt – call + 49 721 / 61 07 58 85.
3. Bus route 140 (Baden Airpark Express) – Airport via main stations of Baden-Baden, Karlsruhe & Heidelberg. Tickets are available on the bus or at the Avis counter in the arrivals area of the terminal. For more information visit hahn-express.de or call 01805 / 225 287.
Intercity Express (ICE) railway stations are located in both Karlsruhe and Baden-Baden.