Katowice (KTW) Airport
Katowice KTW Airport Overview
Katowice International Airport KTW is serving the area of Selesia in southern Poland.
The Airport is located in the town of Pyrzowice, 30 km northwest of the city of Katowice and is accessible via the new highway opened between the Podwarpie junction and the terminal building. Passengers traveling by car from Katowice should take the S86 express road and follow the signs to Pyrzowice.
With a new runway to open in 2014, and an estimated 2.6 million passengers in 2012, Katowice Airport is a hub for LOT Polish Airlines and Wizz Air, and is served by regular and low-cost airlines, offering direct daily flights to numerous European cities, with connections around the globe. Seasonal charters fly to popular vacation destinations.
The passenger terminal complex at Katowice Airport consists of two passenger terminals - TA & TB: Terminal A (non-Schengen) & Terminal B (Schengen). (Passengers from countries who have signed the Schengen Agreement use the larger Terminal B, while all others, considered foreign travelers, must use the smaller Terminal A.)
Terminal A of Katowice International with one level has received a complete overhaul & expansion and re-opened with a brand-new look in June 2012 with an added 102-meter long Concourse. The Terminal has two levels: on the ground level check-in counters, a post office, a travel ticket office, an information counter, an online rental car facility, lost luggage, First aid station and separate International Arrivals with baggage carousels. On the first level of Terminal A are conference facilities (tel. 032 39 27205), baby-care room and a restaurant.
Terminal B of Katowice International has three levels:
The ground level is the baggage claim area & houses the LOT Airlines office, a rental car counters, GTL travel ticket office, taxi booth, currency exchange, & baggage checkin.
Level 1 is the Departures level, has a hairdresser, duty-free shop, The Senator Business Lounge, & passport control. Level 2 has a conference room, travel agency checkins and a chapel.
Level 2 houses shops, food & drink, & a chapel.
Other services and amenities in both terminals include: Information Center kiosks; pharmacy baby care rooms; internet kiosks (payment in PLN or EURO); ATM cash machines; currency exchange; shops & restaurants, and newsstands. The business lounge in Terminal B reopened after renovation work.
Parking options at Katowice Airport:
1. Unguarded Short-term Car Park 1 is divided into P1A & P1B across from Terminal A and P1C across from Terminal B & C. 2. Unguarded long-term Car Park 2 (south of P1A ) isintended for parking over 48 hours (tel. +48 32 39 27 269);
3. Guarded Car Park 3 (tel. +48 32 39 27 218) - south of P1A & is surrounded by ungarded Car Park 2).
Rental car counters for major agencies are located in Terminal A, ground level. - GT CARS rental is in Terminal B.
To get from Katowice Airport to your destination, you can rent a car (in Terminal A), take a taxi or a bus. Taxi stands are near the entrance of both Terminals ( Tel. +48 32 786 06 06, or +48 784 84 68 66).
1. An MPL bus runs between Katowice city center and the Airport, departing from Katwice’s main railway station and making stops near Qubus Hotel Katowice, Novotel Natowice and in Sosnowiec. The trip takes 50 minutes.
2. These MPL bus routes make stops at the Airport: Bytom Bus 85, 53; Mierzecice Bus 17. PKS Buses have daily routes to the Airport via Tarnowskie Gory and via Zawiercie.
3. AWOS buses & mini-buses run daily routes according to needs.
4. Carpolonia shuttle buses are available between the Airport and Gliwice, Krakow, Ople, Wroclaw & Zakopane.
5. The Pyrzowice Express runs between the Airport and Czestochowa.
ul Wolnosci 90
- Website for Katowice : http://www.katowice-airport.com/en
- Email Address: http://www.katowice-airport.com/en/airport/contact
- Phone: +48 32 392 7200
Katowice KTW Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Katowice KTW Airport Update History
- Updated KTW Airport Intro page - May 10, 2013
- Updated KTW Airports page - May 10, 2013
- Updated KTW Food & Stores page - May 8, 2013
- Updated KTW Parking On site page - Mar 14, 2013
- Updated KTW Direct Flights page - Mar 5, 2013
- Updated KTW Main Terminals page - Feb 3, 2013