Kaunas International (KUN) Airport
Kaunas International KUN Airport Overview
Kaunas International Airport KUN is Lithuania’s second-busiest commercial airport and the fourth-busiest in the Baltic states.
The Airport is located in Karmelava, 15 km northeast of the city center of Kaunas, and next to motorway A-6 which connects to A1, and A1in turn connects to A5.
With an estimated 810,00 passengers in 2012, the airport is served by low-cost airlines Ryanair & Air Berlin offering a multitude of destinations throughout Europe, with connections around the world. Seasonal charter flights to popular vacation destinations are also available.
Note that Ryanair check-in is open 2 hours prior to scheduled departure and closes strictly 40 minutes before. GHC Litcargus handles all Ryanair inquiries (tel. +370 37 750 195 or 196).
The new passenger terminal at Kaunas International Airport has three floors: the first floor is for arrivals and has an Information desk, ticket office, cash machine, bank, newsstand, police, tourist information and rental car counters.
The second floor is for departures with a departure hall and offers 12 check-in desks, Ryanair office, coffee & snack area; its departure hall has an Airport Travel Shop and coffee and snack area, and a bar.
The much smaller third floor has also departures and aviation security.
Food & drink, as well as a WiFi zone by Zebra are available throughout the terminal.
Parking options at Kaunas International: Across from the passenger terminal is carpark P2, to the left of it is carpark P1 and adjacent to it is carpark P3. P1 is for short-term parking, while P2 & P3 are for long-term parking. All parking options can be reached by foot. The automatic pay stations at P1 & P2 accept coins of 1, 2, 5 litas and 50 cents and notes of 10, 20, 50 litas--you will get the change in coins only. Insert the ticket into the ticket terminal and follow the instructions by the green arrow and messages in the display. If you don’t have the proper change, pay at the Information center in Terminal A.
After payment the ticket will be returned to you and you have 20 minutes to leave the Airport. For more information call +37 37 399 307.
To get from Kaunas International Airport to your destination you can rent a car from one of ten rental car agencies, take a taxi, use the Kaunas Airport Express mini-bus to either Klaipeda or Vilnius, or take one of the following bus lines:
(a) To Kaunas City Center take Bus 29 to Karmelava via Savanoriu Ave. – Bus station – Panemune – Viciunai). Or the Shuttle 120 to Karmelava via Savanoriu Avenue – Kaunas castle bus stop.
(b) To Vilnius City take the JSC Olex Bus line to Vilnius: via Karmelava, Vilnius (Hotel Panorama).
(c) To Klaipeda City take the JSC Olex Bus line to Klaipeda via Karmelava - Klaipeda (shopping center Akropolis).
(d) Flybus connects Kaunas to Riga for only 15 EUR.
Kaunas International KUN Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Kaunas International KUN Airport Update History
- Updated KUN Airports page - Mar 24, 2013
- Updated KUN Direct Flights page - Mar 24, 2013
- Updated KUN Airport Intro page - Mar 22, 2013
- Updated KUN Parking On site page - Mar 14, 2013
- Updated KUN Food & Stores page - Mar 13, 2013