Kuopio (KUO) Airport
Kuopio KUO Airport Overview
Kuopio Airport KUO serves Finland's area between Kuopio and Sillinjarvi, situated 14 km north of Kuopio and 70 km south of Iisalmi.
The Airport can be accessed from road 582 which connects to motorway 17 to the south and to motorway 75 to the north.
With 282,900 passengers in 2012, the Airport is mostly served by Finnair offering daily flights to Helsinki. Seasonal charter flights are available to popular tourist destinations.
The passenger terminal at Kuopio Airport is open Mon-Fri 4:30am-1:30am; Sat 5am-midnight; Sun 4:30pm-1:30am.
Services and amenities in the terminal include a restaurant, a conference room, child care room, taxi phone, & mail box.
The so-called ‘Lake Terminal’ (tel. +358 40 534 9618) is intended for travel services. In summer, the Lake Terminal functions as support center for boating, paddling, bicycling, fishing and other summer activities. In winter, the focus is on snowmobile and ski trips.
Parking options at Kuopio Airport include two carparks - one for short-term parking and one for long-term parking. Engine-heating facilities are available. There are four designated disabled parking spaces available. For more parking information call +358 20 708 7202.
To get from Kuopio Airport to your destination, you can rent a car (Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sandia & Sixt), or take a taxi or a bus:
(a) Taxis: Savon Taksi Oy, tel. +358 200 30 300runs between the airport and Kuopio area .
1. Bus to Kuopio: The bus Linja-Karjala Oy, (Savonlinja Oy), tel. +358 20 141 5710 operates only weekdays and makes runs after arrivals of all domestic flights, except AY520 dep 6:15am, KF243 arr 8:55pm and AY519 arr 12:25am, which have no bus connection to Kuopio. For time table visit savonlinja.fi. Route: Scandic Hotel Kuopio - Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi - Market Square (Anttila stop) - Bus station (Puijonkatu) - Ramp Paivaranta - Ramp Sorsasalo.
2. Bus to Iisalmi: T. Kinnunen & Kumppanit. Bus tel. +358 500 272 088. Route: Lisalmi (bus station) - Lapinlahti (bus station) - Siilinjarvi (bus station) - Airport. Note that for transport between Airport and Lisalmi - Kiuruvesi - Sonkajarvi - Vierema - bookings must be made beforehand at Matkojen Yhdistelykeskus (MYK), tel.+358 17 183 183.
Kuopio KUO Airport Update History
- KUO Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- KUO Food & Stores - Jul 3, 2013
- KUO Airlines Served - Jun 11, 2013