La Rochelle (LRH) Airport
La Rochelle LRH Airport Overview
La Rochelle Airport LRH (or Aeroport La Rochelle Ile de Re) serves the city of La Rochelle on France's Central West Coast.
The Airport is located 2.5 km northwest of the city of La Rochelle, in the Department of Charente-Maritime, off motorway N237 which connects to N11 to the east and to D137 to the south. The airport also serves the Island of Re, which connects by bridge to La Rochelle.
With one runway and 236,736 passengers in 2012, La Rochelle Airport is served by AirFrance and some low-cost airlines, offering direct flights to European cities, with connections to all points of the globe. Seasonal charter flights are available to popular vacation destinations. Separate Winter & Summer airline schedules are in force.
NOTE: It is recommended that you arrive for domestic flights one hour ahead of scheduled departure, and for international flights 2 hours.
Ryanair, Flybe, EasyJet, Jet2 & AirLingus close 40 minutes, and Airlinair (which changed to HOP in March 2013) 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
While Ryanair only accepts web check-in, easyJet.com and Jet2.com let you check in on the web or in the terminal.
The passenger terminal at La Rochelle Airport was recently extended and a new departure lounge added.
For information, including questions about your trip, flight schedules, airline ticket reservations, baggage size/weight , required documents, and more contact the Avia desk in the terminal or call the ico-telephone at 0033.5.46.42.86.70.
The L'Escale restaurant, a snack bar and a duty-free shop are at your service inside the terminal.
The message counter can be contacted at +33 5 46 42 86 70.
Rental Cars have to be reserved in advance. Call the rental car agency directly and an agent will be waiting for you in the terminal arrival area (ADA 33 546 41 02 17; Budget +33 546 41 35 53; Avis +33 546 41 13 55, Europcar +33 546 41 09 08; Hertz +33 546 41 02 31; National/Citer +33 546 29 19 00). Taxis (call either taxi radio +33 546 41 55 55; or +33 546 67 68 35).
Parking at La Rochelle Airport is available in the outdoor parking lot across from the passenger terminal offering 252 parking spaces, with the first 20 minutes free and a daily max of 10 EUR.
To get from LaRochelle Airport to your destination, you can take a taxi (call either taxi radio +33 546 41 55 55; or +33 546 67 68 35) or take a bus:
Buses to city center Place de Verdun run Mon-Fri 6:53am-9:56pm (less frequent on weekends/holidays – use Buses
40A/40B), take 20 minutes and cost 1.20 EUR.
From Place de Verdun you can take a bus to the Island of Re (Saint Martin) , which runs Mon-Sat 6:38am-7:48pm, and Sun/Holidays 9:38-7:48.
For public transport & transfer options contact Oxygene Transport at tel. +33 (0) 875 950 656, or visit oxygene-transport.com.
La Rochelle LRH Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
La Rochelle LRH Airport Update History
- Updated LRH Airport Intro page - Apr 5, 2013
- Updated LRH Airports page - Apr 5, 2013
- Updated LRH Direct Flights page - Mar 25, 2013
- Updated LRH Parking On site page - Mar 25, 2013
- Updated LRH Food & Stores page - Dec 5, 2012