Leipzig Altenburg (AOC) Airport
Leipzig Altenburg AOC Airport Overview
Leipzig Halle Airport AOC serves the German state of Saxony and its cities of Leipzig, Halle & Saxony-Anhalt.
The Airport is located 6 km southeast of Altenburg and 42 km south of the city of Leipzig. Its directly connected to motorways A9 (exit A9/A14) & A14 via airport exit road. From either Leipzig or Halle, take the B6 truk road.
With nearly 2.3 million passengers in 2012, Leipzig-Altenburg Airport is served by rdomestic & international airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Ryanair low-cost airlines is the Airport's major airline for vacation destinations.
Starting in September 2013, Darwin Airlines will offer flights to Paris & Amsterdam.
The passenger terminal at Leipzig-Altenburg Airport consists of a Central Terminal and Terminal B, connected to each other. The modern passenger terminal was overhauled just recently, and its structure extends over the adjacent motorway and railway. Terminal access is south of the railway, where you find the Airport train station. Outside of the terminal is the post office. Across from Terminal B is the Multi-level Garage, and opposite of TB are parking 1, 2 & 11. Across from the Main terminal are parking lots P3, P1 & P2.
Amenities & services inside the terminal complex - aside from food & drink and retail concessions - include bank branches & ATM machines, visitor service, left luggage and baggage trolleys, Information and rental car counters, check-in counters & self-check-in kiosks, conference rooms, lounges, prayer rooms, tour opererators and travel agents.
Parking options at Leipzig Altenburg Airport: The new multi-story parking garage across from the passenger terminal (connected to it at its center), and carparks P1 & P2 are intended fo short-term parking, while carparks P4 & P11 are for long-term parking. P11 is is near the terminal entrance and the railroad station.
To get from Leipzig-Altenburg Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus:
1. The taxi rank is right in front of the terminal, or you can order a taxi at the information desk by calling + 49 (0)34 47/59 00.
2. A shuttle bus operates from Leipzig Main Station to the airport, takes 75 minutes and costs around 12 EUR. The bus is scheduled to coincides with the flights. Bus 250 runs between the Airport and Leipzig , Borna & Altenburg.
3. Leipzig/Halle Airport railway station offers connections to Magdeburg, Hanover, Cologne and Dresden. The express train runs directly to central Leipzig and to Halle.
4. The Berlin Line Bus provides intercity bus services to Leipzig/Halle Airport via its Eisenach-Berlin route, with two daily stops at the Airport.
- Website for Leipzig Altenburg: http://www.leipzig-halle-airport.de/en/index.html?newLanguage=en
- Contact: http://www.leipzig-halle-airport.de/en/index/suche_impressum_kontakt/kontakt_fhinfo.html
- Phone: +49 341 224 1155
- View Terminal Map
Leipzig Altenburg AOC Airport Update History
- AOC Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- AOC Official Website Links - Jul 1, 2013
- AOC Airlines Served - Jun 26, 2013