LAYOVER IDEAS AT LNK AIRPORT:
ATTRACTIONS IN LINCOLN CITY:
Laser Quest 6802A P Street, Lincoln, NE 68505, Located in East Park Plaza, 402-465-5522, Set in a dark "sci-fi" maze, this laser tag adventure offers a wide variety of game styles that are tailored for your specific needs and interests and include different elements and various skill levels and complexity.
Star City Shores 27th and Nebr 2, Lincoln, NE 68503, 402-441-6670, One of the state's largest pools, with water slides, climbing structures, and sand play area.
2. Historic Homes & Buildings
Historic Haymarket District between 7th and 9th St, from O to R Streets, 402-435-7696 or 402-434-6900, Galleries, restaurants, unique shops, dinner theater, and antiques in turn-of-the-century buildings.
Hyde Observatory 3701 S 70th St, Lincoln, NE 68506, 402-441-7895
State Capitol 1445 K St, Lincoln, NE 68509, 402-471-0448, Visible from miles away, this stunning architectural wonder stands over 400 feet tall. Interior and exterior artwork represent the natural, social, and political development of Nebraska, and houses the nation's only Unicameral.
Thomas P Kennard House 1627 H Street, Lincoln, NE 68508, 402-471-4764, Restored 1869 house is now the oldest house in Lincoln.
3. Museums & Galleries
Children's Museum Lincoln Square at 14th and P Streets, Lincoln, NE 68508, 402-477-4000, Fun, discovery, and learning come together for children and adults in more than 50 hands-on exhibits including a spaceship, Little Husker Stadium, and a real firetruck.
International Headquarters 631 D Street, Lincoln, NE 68502, 402-474-3363, American Historical Society of Germans from Russia. Museum and research facility dedicated to preserving the culture and history of Germans from Russia.
Lentz Center for Asian Culture 14th and U Streets, Lincoln, NE 68588, University of Nebraska,Morrill Hall,Room 329, 402-472-5841, Permanent exhibitions and temporary shows reflect Asian philosophers through art and objects.
Museum of Nebraska History 15th and P Streets, Lincoln, NE 68508, 402-471-4754, Exhibits interpret over 12,000 years on the Plains. Indian gallery, period settings, special collections. Changing exhibits on Nebraska history. History Adventure Center hand-on room for kids.
National Museum of Roller Skating 4730 South St, Lincoln, NE 68521, 402-483-7551, The only museum of its kind in the world exhibits skates, costumes, films, artwork and other skating memorabilia from 1819 to the present.
Robert Hillestead Textiles Gallery 35th and Holdredge St, Lincoln, NE 68503, Home Ec Building, 2nd floor, 402-472-6370, This gallery showcases fiber art, textiles, and apparel from all periods and places.
Sheldon Memorial Art Gallery & Sculpture Garden 12th and R Streets, Lincoln, NE 68588, 402-472-2461, Designed by architect Phillip Johnson. One of the most comprehensive collections of 20th century American art on a university campus.
State Museum of Natural History 14th and U Streets, Lincoln, NE 68588, University of Nebraska, Morrill Hall, 402-472-2642, Nebraska's largest natural history museum features the world's largest mounted fossil elephant, a new gallery of the Age of the Dinosaurs, Nebraska wildlife, a hands-on natural science dicovery room, a planetaruim, laser light shows, and much more.
4. Parks, Gardens & Zoos
Folsom Children's Zoo and Botanical Gardens 27th and B Sts, Lincoln, NE 68502, 402-475-6741, 300 animals representing 95 species. Train and pony rides.
Pioneers Park West Van Dorn Street, Lincoln, NE 68516, 402-441-7847, Covering 500 acres, this park includes bridle, bike, and walking trails, ponds, picnic areas, ball diamonds, and an outdoor amphitheater.
Pioneers Park Nature Center SW section of the Pioneers Park, Lincoln, NE 68508, 402-441-7895, 5 miles of trails through woodland, wetland, and prairie habitat. Indoor and outdoor exhibits interpret the Great Plains' natural habitat.
Salt Valley Lakes 402-471-0641, 20 lakes within 25 miles of Lincoln. Seven state recreation areas and five primitive state wildlife areas.
5. Vineyards, Wineries & Breweries
James Arthur Vineyards From 14th and Superior Streets, Lincoln, NE 68508, take 14th St north for 7 mi, turn w on Raymond Rd, 402-783-5255, James Arthur VIneyards offers specialty wine, foods, and exciting tours.
James Arthur Vineyards 10 minutes of northwest of Lincoln, 402-783-5255, Visitors can sip on dozens of different wines while sitting on the open air deck overlooking the vineyard. Tours are available of the lavish vineyard.
Terminal Maps at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL terminal map
- Chicago OHare ORD terminal map
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW terminal map
- Los Angeles LAX terminal map
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS terminal map
- Denver DEN terminal map
- Houston Intercontinental IAH terminal map
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX terminal map
- Philadelphia PHL terminal map
- Charlotte Douglas CLT terminal map
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW terminal map
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP terminal map
- Newark Liberty EWR terminal map
- Washington Dulles IAD terminal map
- Boston Logan BOS terminal map
- Salt Lake City SLC terminal map
- La Guardia LGA terminal map
- New York Kennedy JFK terminal map
- Memphis MEM terminal map
- Miami MIA terminal map
- San Francisco SFO terminal map
- Orlando MCO terminal map
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG terminal map
- Seattle Tacoma SEA terminal map
- Honolulu HNL terminal map
- Baltimore Washington BWI terminal map
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC terminal map
- Chicago Midway MDW terminal map
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL terminal map
- Lambert St Louis STL terminal map
- Reagan National DCA terminal map
- Portland PDX terminal map
- Tampa TPA terminal map
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE terminal map
- Raleigh-Durham RDU terminal map
- Houston Hobby HOU terminal map
- Pittsburgh PIT terminal map
- San Diego SAN terminal map
- San Antonio SAT terminal map
- Nashville BNA terminal map