Boston Logan BOS Airport Overview
Boston Logan International Airport BOS is the busiest airport in New England and was named 'Easiest Airport to Get To' by Aviation.com, a leading business travel website. The Airport, which serves as gateway to New England, is only 15 minutes from the intersection of Route 128 and Interstate Hwy 90, and 5 minutes from downtown Boston. The Airport is owned & operated by Massport.
Boston Logan Airport is located partly in East Boston and partly in the town of Winthrop, on Boston Harbor, Massachusetts, and is directly accessible by Interstate Hwy 90 (the Mass.Tpk - use the tunnel exit), which connects southwest to Interstate Hwy 93 North or State Hwy 1 south. The Airport is only 15 mins from intersection of Route 128 & I-90, or 5 minutes from downtown Boston. Information on airlines, traffic & parking is available at 1-800-235-6426 / TTY 1-800-262-3335.
With six runways and an estimated 29.3. million passengers in 2012, Boston Logan International Airport is served by a host of domestic and international airlines offering nonstop service to hundreds of destinations around the U.S. and abroad, and connections around the world.
Note that United operates now out of Terminals A & C, depending on route.
COPA Airlines, a Star Alliance member, starts daily non-stop service in July 2013 to Tocumen Airport in Panama City, connecting from there to 57 Latin America destinations.
NOTE : Both Massport & MBTA agencies announced two new flight information display (FID) monitors at South Station showing departing flight information for the next four hours – and the arrival time of the next Silver Line bus headed to Boston Logan International Airport.
The on-Airport Hotels: (a) the Hilton Hotel is located on Hotel Drive, and served by a shuttle to Terminals A & E. (b) the Hyatt Harborside (tel. 617-568-1234) is across from Terminal A's gateways, at 101Harborside Drive.
The passenger terminal complex at Boston Logan International includes four operational terminals - TA, TB, TC, & TE, arranged in a semi-circle around the Central Parking Garage. Its northern-most terminal is International Terminal E; connected to it is TC, while TB is separate and connects to TC by walkway. TA is opposite TE, across from the parking facility. Moving walkways connect all four terminals to the Central Garage. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Boston Logan Airport include the Cell Phone Lot, Central Parking Garage, Terminal B Garage, Terminal E Parking Losts 1 & 2 and the Economy Parking Garage. (For more information, please refer to "Airport Parking" page.)
Rental Cars: While the arrivals areas of the terminals have rental car counters, the four major rental car agencies are located in the Porter Street/ Tomahawk Drive area, and offer frequent shuttle service thereto. A new consolidated rental car facility 'ConRAC' is to open in 2013.
To get from Logan Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or limo, a shuttle bus, a bus or a train. Note that you need to go outside of the terminal to meet the JetBlue bus (or else it passes by).
Public transportation is available from both the MBTA's Blue Line Subway service and the Silver Line Bus Rapid Transit service to downtown Boston's South Station (in the Financial District) - Boston's major tansportation hub for bus, rail, & subway.
1. The Blue Subway Line at Airport Station (reached by free shuttle bus from the Terminals) connects to the Orange & Green Lines at State Street Station in Boston.
2. The Silver Line SL1 Bus - Logan Airport / Waterfront/ South Station - departs from outside of each of the passenger terminals.
3. MBTA Commuter Boat transportation to either the Quincy commuter boat terminal at Fore River Shipyard in Quincy, or the Pemberton Point in Hull, is available from the Airport's Logan dock, reached by free Route 66 shuttle bus from all terminals. For more ferry information call 617-222-6999.
4. The Massport's Logan Express bus serves the areas of Braintree, Woburg, Framingham, & Peabody.
For additional ground transportation information call 617-561-1673.
Future Airport Developments:
1. Construction of ConRAC, the Consolidated Rental Car facility at Boston Logan, is scheduled to be completed by 2013.
2. Terminals B, C & E renovations / upgrades, are tentatively scheduled to be completed June 2013). Upon completion, Terminal B will house United and Terminal C Jet Blue; both terminals will provide better customer service and a post-security connection between both sides of Terminal B and between Terminals C & E. This will eliminate having to go through security check again.
500 Terminal E
Boston, MA 02128-2015
- Website for Boston Logan: http://www.massport.com/logan-airport/Pages/Default.aspx
- Email Address: http://www.massport.com/massport/Pages/Feedback.aspx
- Phone: (800) 235 6426
- View Terminal Map
Boston Logan BOS Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- BOS Baggage Carts / Skycap
- BOS Baggage Claim
- BOS Banking / ATM Services
- BOS Business Services
- BOS Currency Exchange
- BOS Emergency / Medical Services
- BOS Guest Services
- BOS Internet Access
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Boston Logan BOS Airport Update History
- Updated BOS Airlines Served page - May 2, 2013
- Updated BOS Official Website Links page - May 2, 2013
- Updated BOS Airports page - May 2, 2013
- Updated BOS Food & Stores page - May 2, 2013
- Updated BOS Main Terminals page - Apr 26, 2013
- Updated BOS Airport Intro page - Apr 26, 2013
- Updated BOS Terminal Map page - Mar 13, 2013
- Updated BOS Direct Flights page - Mar 6, 2013
- Updated BOS Parking Map page - Dec 24, 2012
- Updated BOS Parking On site page - Dec 24, 2012