London City (LCY) Airport
London City LCY Airport Overview
London City Airport LCY serves primarily London's financial district. It is one of a growing breed of airports tailored specifically to meet the requirements of the business passenger who appreciates the reduced check-in time for departures, the quick retrieval of luggage, the swift passenger processing and the friendly attendant greeting.
Because of the Airport's close location to residential areas, operations are restricted Mon-Fri to 6:30am-10pm, and Weekends to 12:30pm-10pm. Due to its short take-off and landing runway, London City Airport is restricted to mid-sized aircraft.
The Airport is located in the Borough of Newham in East London, 11 km east of central London, England, and is accessible via the A1020 Royal Albert Way, the A1020 N. Woolwich Rd, and the A1011 Connaught Rd.
With one runway and an estimated 3.1 million passengers in 2012, London City Airport is served by British Airways and its affiliated BA CityFlyer & Sun Air of Scandinavia, as well as by a number of major European Airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Checking in: The Airport offers now self-bag-tagging system for your checked bags.
London City Airport has one passenger terminal. (For more information, please refer to "Terminal Map" page.)
Parking Options at London City Airport:
Passengers can be dropped off on the forecourt next to the terminal building, but vehicles are not permitted to wait here and must not be left unattended.
Short-stay parking is adjacent to the passenger terminal and has disabled parking spaces.
The 'Main Stay' carpark has presently a set fee for the first four hours.
Payment machines are inside the terminal, next to the Information desk, or insert your credit card at entry and exit barriers of the parking facility.
To get from London City Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, the DLR, a bus or the Shuttle Express, or the DLR to the train:
1. DLR (the Docklands Light Railway) - an underground system, connects East London to the London subway system, and has its station in the terminal, departing every 8-15 mins, taking 7 mins to Canning Town or Woolwich Arsenal, and 22 mins to Bank.
2. Bus 473 runs to Prince Regent DLR Sation, with stops in Stratford, Silvertown, North Woolwich; while Bus 474's route is to Canning Town, North Woolwich & East Beckton, via Silvertown.
3. The London City Aport Express Shuttle & Executive Ride Share Service can be pre-booked (Tel. 845 095 9595).
4. The closest National Rail terminal includes London Bridge, Waterloo & Stratford International. All three stations are accessible via the Jubilee line from Canning Town, a 7-min DLR trip from the Airport.
Present & Future Airport Developments: In April 2013 it was announced that the passenger terminal and its Western Pier, as well as International Arrivals & baggage hall will be refurbished throughout 2013.
London City LCY Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- LCY Baggage Claim
- LCY Banking / ATM Services
- LCY Currency Exchange
- LCY Guest Services
- LCY Internet Access
- LCY Lost & Found
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
London City LCY Airport Update History
- Updated LCY Airport Intro page - May 10, 2013
- Updated LCY Airports page - May 10, 2013
- Updated LCY Main Terminals page - May 10, 2013
- Updated LCY Parking On site page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated LCY Food & Stores page - Mar 5, 2013
- Updated LCY Direct Flights page - Feb 23, 2013