OverviewTransportation from Los Angeles International Airport:
(a) Taxis can be found curbside on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal under the yellow taxi sign. You will get a ticket stating typical fares to major destinations. Only authorized taxis with an official LADT seal are permitted in the airport.
(b) For information on city bus services, pick up the phone on the Information Display Board in the baggage claim area of each terminal, or call the METRO at 323-466-3876.
(c) To get to Union Station in L.A. for train connections use either the FlyAway Bus or the Metro Express.
1. Shuttles, scheduled regional buses, and long-distance vans & buses are available on lower/ arrivals level islands in front of each terminal under the 'LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign): Green signs are for 'FlyAway Buses & Long Distance Vans.
(a) for Terminal to terminal connection, use the A Route;
(b) to get to the Metro Bus Center with connections to LA area, take the C Route;
(c) to Metro Green Line Aviation Station, take the G route.
2. Shared-Ride Vans - Prime Time Shuttle and SuperShuttle - operate out of LAX and are authorized to serve all Southern California counties, and pick up passengers on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal under the orange sign Shared Ride Vans.
3. LAX FlyAway Bus (tel. 1-866-435-9529) connects to Los Angeles Union Station (downtown LA), Expo/La Brea, and Westwood (West LA) and also to Van Nuys & Westwood. Drop-off is on upper departures level of each terminal; while boarding is in front of lower arrivals level - under green bus signs; the bus starts at Terminal 1, lower level, every hour on the hour, making stops at each of the other terminals. FlyAway buses do not accept cash - pay by maj0r credit/debit cards on the bus; holders of EZ transit pass can use this pass..
4. Metropolitan Express - to downtown L.A. and to Union Station, about 19 miles northeast of LAX. 10. Santa Barbara Airbus - to Santa Barbara, plus nearby Goleta and Carpinteria. The drive to these areas (located northwest of LAX, along the sea coast) from the airport usually takes 1.5 to 2 hours.
Other Bus Connections:
1. Culver City Bus - tel. 310-253-6510 (visit culvercity.org/Government/Transpotation/bus.aspx - click on their excellent Route Map)
2. Santa Monica Big Blue Bus - tel. weekdays 310-451-54444; sat TDD 310-395-6024 (visit bigbluebus.com)
3. Torrance Transit from Union Station - tel. 30-618/6266 /fax 6229 (visit torranceca.gov/92.htm.
4. Airport Bus to (a) Pasadena - 28 miles NE of LAX; to (b) Anaheim ( Disneyland), 32 miles SE of LAX; and to Buena Park, 28 miles SE of LAX.
5. Airport Bus of Bakersfield - to Bakersfield, a two hours' drive north of Los Angeles.
6. Antelope Valley Airport Express - to Newhall, Palmdale and Lancaster in the Antelope Valley, with Lancaster (the furthest location) about 75 miles north of LAX.
7. Ventura County Airporter - to Ventura and Oxnard, on the sea coast about one hour to one hour and a half northwest of LAX.
|Service Name:||AIRPORT BUS OF BAKERSFIELD|
|Service Area:||Travels to Bakersfield|
|Service Name:||ANTELOPE VALLEY AIRPORT EXPRESS|
|Service Area:||Travels to Newhall, Palmdale and Lancaster in the Antelope Valley, with Lancaste|
|Service Name:||CENTRAL COAST SHUTTLE|
|Service Area:||Travels to the Central Coast area including: Ventura, Santa Barbara, Buellton, and Santa Maria|
|Service Name:||GRAYLINE/COACH USA|
|Service Area:||Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, The Disneyland Hotel and all Anaheim Resort Hotels|
|Contact Information:||714-978-8855 or 800-828-6699|
|Service Name:||MICKEY'S SPACE SHIP SHUTTLE|
|Service Area:||Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm, all Disneyland Anaheim resort hotels, O.C. Convention Center, John Wayne Airport, Buena Park, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, San Clemente|
|Contact Information:||714-MICKEY-9 or (714) 642-5399|
|Service Name:||SANTA BARBARA AIRBUS|
|Service Area:||Travels to Santa Barbara, plus nearby Goleta and Carpinteria|
|Service Name:||SHUTTLE ONE|
|Service Area:||Travels to Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm and hotels in the Anaheim, Buena Park, and Garden Grove area|
|Contact Information:||(800) 400-7488 or (310) 670-6666|
|Service Name:||VENTURA COUNTY AIRPORTER|