OverviewTransportation from Los Angeles International Airport: Only authorized taxis with an official LADT seal are permitted in the airport. For information on city bus services, pick up the phone on the Information Display Board in the baggage claim area of each terminal, or call the METRO at 323-466-3876. To get to Union Station in L.A. for train connections - use either the FlyAway Bus or the Metro Express.
Shuttles, scheduled regional buses, and long-distance vans & buses are available on lower/ arrivals level islands in front of each terminal under the 'LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign): Green signs are for 'FlyAway Buses & Long Distance Vans.
(a) for Terminal to terminal connection, use the A Route;
(b) to get to the Metro Bus Center with connections to LA area, take the C Route;
(c) to Metro Green Line Aviation Station, take the G route.
Shared-Ride Vans - Prime Time Shuttle and SuperShuttle - operate out of LAX and are authorized to serve all Southern California counties, and pick up passengers on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal under the orange sign Shared Ride Vans.
LAX FlyAway Buses (tel. 1-866-435-9529) depart from each of LAX's terminals to Union Station, Expo/La Brea, Van Nuys, Westwood, Santa Monica & Hollywood. The one-way fare is currently only $8 one way.
Drop-off is on upper departures level of each terminal; while boarding is in front of lower arrivals level - under green bus signs; the bus starts at Terminal 1, lower level, every hour on the hour, making stops at each of the other terminals. FlyAway buses do not accept cash - pay by major credit/debit cards on the bus; holders of EZ transit pass can use this pass.
Buses presently connect to:
Los Angeles Union Station (downtown LA), Expo/La Brea (for Light Rail connections),
Van Nuys, & Westwood, and to the Irvine train station
Santa Monica's Civic Center - non-stop - (pickup there is at east side of Main St., north of Pico Blvd.)
Hollywood, stopping at LaBrea Station of the Metro Expo Light Rail Line, with a final stop at east side of Vine Street (half a block south of Hollywood Blvd.)
Metropolitan Express serves downtown L.A. and Union Station, about 19 miles northeast of LAX.
Other Bus Connections: (most of these buses can be picked up at the Met Bus Center in Parking Lot C)
1. Culver City Bus - tel. 310-253-6510 (visit: www.culvercity.org/Government/Transpotation/bus.aspx - click on their excellent Route Map)
2. Santa Monica Big Blue Bus - tel. weekdays 310-451-54444; sat TDD 310-395-6024 (visit: www.bigbluebus.com)
3. Torrance Transit from Union Station - tel. 30-618/6266 /fax 6229 (visit: www.torranceca.gov/92.htm.
4. Airport Bus to (a) Pasadena - 28 miles NE of LAX; to (b) Anaheim ( Disneyland), 32 miles SE of LAX; and to Buena Park, 28 miles SE of LAX.
5. Airport Bus of Bakersfield - to Bakersfield, a two hours' drive north of Los Angeles.
6. Antelope Valley Airport Express - to Newhall, Palmdale and Lancaster in the Antelope Valley, with Lancaster (the furthest location) about 75 miles north of LAX.
6. Santa Barbara Airbus - to Santa Barbara, plus nearby Goleta and Carpinteria. The drive to these areas (located northwest of LAX, along the sea coast) from the airport usually takes 1.5 to 2 hours.
7. Ventura County Airporter - to Ventura and Oxnard, on the sea coast about one hour to one hour and a half northwest of LAX.