Lyon Exupery (LYS) Airport
Lyon Exupery LYS Airport Overview
Lyon-Saint Exupery Airport LYS is France's fourth-busiest airport, serving the French City of Lyon and its surrounding, and is an important transport facility for the entire Rhone-Alps region.
The Airport is located in Columbier-Saugnieu, 24 km southeast of the city center of Lyon, in the Department of Rhone-Lys, France, It is situated within a one-hour drive of the region’s major cities and is easily accessible by local road D517e, or the the A432 motorway connecting to A42 & A43.
With two long runways and an estimated 8.5 million passengers in 2012, it is regional hub to Air France & EastyJet, and served by a myriad of national and international, regular & low-cost airlines, offering direct the connecting flights to cities in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. Seasonal charter flights take you to popular vacation destinations.
On-Airport hotels: 1. The new NH Lyon Aeroport Hotel is near Terminal 1 (tel. +33 (0) 4 72 230550). The 4-star Sofitel (tel. (04) 7223 3800) can be reached directly from level 1 of the central building.
2. The 2-star Kyriad (tel. (04) 7223 9090) provides a free shuttle bus.
The passenger terminal complex at Lyon-Saint Exupery Airport consist of three passenger terminals - T1, T2 & T3.
To drop off a passenger quickly, use the drop-off point T2 in front of TGV railway station.
Parking Options at Lyon-Saind Exupery Airport: Parking Information is located at the corner of Allee Quest, across from the Tour Operators (tel: +33 (0) 472 22 77 90).
Short-term parking is available in P0, P1, P2 and P6; Long-term parking is in P5.
P0 is garage under the terminals, its spaces are identified by levels (first digit).
P1 is garage close to the terminals; max. height: 1.90 meters;
P2 is covered hourly parking close to T2, hourly parking, max. stay 24 hrs, max height: 2.7 m;
P5 is long-term parking 3-90 day stay, close to access road, max. height 3 m;
P6 is in front of the TGV Railway Station – max. stay 3 days, max height 2.7 m. A free shuttle bus links P5 & P6 and e-Park .
Rental cars: Free shuttle buses at Arrivals 27 take you to the rental car agencies (first stop at Avis, Hertz, Europcar; second stop at National/Citer; third stop at Sixt). Shuttles run every 6 mins at rush hours, every 20 mins other times and every 15 mins Sat/Sun/Holidays.
To get from Lyon-Saind Exupery Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a train, a bus or a door-to-door shuttle:
1. Taxis are available to take you to the city and its region and also serve ski resorts - you also have the option of reserving a taxi for half a day or more. All taxis are accessible by folding seats. Payment in cash, bank card or check (unless otherwise stated).
2. Door-to-Door Shuttles: are mini-buses or vans transporting several passengers to the same destination - no distance limit; reservations are necessary (located at PR2 Car Park which is accessed via link between the terminals and the SNCF Railway).
3. The RhoneExpress train links the TGV rail station of Lyaon Par-Dieu with the Gare de Lyon Saint-Exupery in under 30 mins.
4. The Satobus network connects, several times a day the Airport to main towns in the Rhone-Alpes region. Its regular coaches serve the towns of Ambérieu, Annecy, Aix-les-Bains (Altibus), Bourg-en-Bresse (Altibus – with reservation), Chambéry, Grenoble (Altibus - regular & service request), Lyon, and Saint Etienne, and a request service operates to Valence and the surrounding area. For information and tickets go to the Satobus desk. Satobus also serves Ski Resorts and provides shuttles to EurExpo.
Present and Future Airport Developments:
1.Creation of a centralized baggage handling area for both Terminals 1 & 3, by means of a new building capable of handling 10 million bags/year. Construction is to be done in three phases, the first phase of which is to open 2015, the last of which is to be completed by 2022.
2. Terminals 1 & 2 are to be connected at their departure lounges by a connecting building, to be completed by 2017.
Batiment M1 1er etage
Lyon-Saint Exupery Aeroport, 69125
- Website for Lyon Exupery: http://www.lyonaeroports.com
- Contact: http://www.lyonaeroports.com/eng/Home/Pied-de-page/Contact-us
- Phone: +33 4 72 22 7395
- View Terminal Map
Lyon Exupery LYS Airport Update History
- LYS Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- LYS Airlines Served - Oct 2, 2013