Lyon Exupery (LYS) Airport
Lyon Exupery LYS Airport Overview
Exupery Airport is one of the two airports to be partially privatized (the other being Nice). VINCI Airports Concessionaire now holds 60 percent of Lyon Airport's concession contract which runs until 2047. It will develop, invest and operate the Airport.
LYS Airport is located in Columbier-Saugnieu, 254 km southeast of Lyon's city center, in the Department of Rhone-Lys. It is situated within a one-hour drive of the region’s major cities and is easily accessible by local road D517e, or the the A432 motorway connecting to A42 & A43.
With two long runways and 9.6M passengers in 2016, Lyon-Saint Exupery Airport is regional hub to Air France & EastyJet, and is served by national and international airlines, offering direct the connecting flights to cities in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa, as well as by seasonal charter flights to popular vacation destinations.
To contact the Airport within France, call 0 826 800 826.
To drop off a passenger quickly, use the drop-off point T2 in front of TGV railway station.
It is strongly recommended by the Airport that you arrive at the Terminal 2 hours prior to domestic & Europe flights & 3 hours prior to all other destinations.
The new NH Lyon Aeroport Hotel can be accessed directly from Terminal 1. Terminal 1 (tel. +33 (0) 4 72 230550).
The 4-star Sofitel (tel. (04) 7223 3800) can be reached directly from level 1 of the central building.
The 2-star Kyriad Hotel (tel. (04) 7223 9090) provides a free shuttle bus.
Currently Lyon-Saint Exupery Airport has three passenger terminals - T1, T2 & T3 *.
- New Terminal 1 will only served between March 23 and Sepember 2017 by Air Arabia, EasyJet, Pegasus & Transavia.
- European citizens traveling to France will again need to have either an identity card valid for foreign travel or a valid passport.
- Ongoing added security measures are currently in place.
* Present and Future Airport Developments: A new Terminal - integrating all three terminals into one - completed its first phase of constructon (at T1) as of Spring 2017 and is now partially in operation..
Ongoing second phase (2016 - 2018) will link the new extension & boarding satellite to T1 by underground walkway, adding 59K sq.ft
By 2017 Terminals 1 & 2 are to be joined at their departure lounges by a connecting building.
Between 2018 & 2020 the final phase will restructure the current T1, whereupon T1 and its boarding satellite will have a capacity of 11M passengers/yr.
Lyon-Saint Exupery Aeroport, 69125
- Website for Lyon Exupery: http://www.lyonaeroports.com/eng
- Contact: http://www.lyonaeroports.com/eng/Home/Pied-de-page/Contact-us
- Phone: +33 426 007 007