FNC Airport is located 13 km from the city center of Funchal - 1,000 km southwest of Lisbon. Its long runway is extending into the ocean with the help of 180 70-meter columns – a masterpiece of engineering – affording easy landings and takeoffs.
With 1.9M passengers in 2016, Madeira Airport is served by SATA International, EasyJet and TAP Portugal Airlines with direct flights to Lisbon, Faro and Porto, while a host of other airlines and charters offer direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Level 0 is divided into Arrivals & Departures areas:
- Departures: your arrival time there is to be: (a) for flight to Madeira 90 minutes, to Azores/Mainland Portugal 120 minutes, and to international & Europe flights 120 minutes before scheduled flight. The Departures area houses the check-in facilities.
- Arrivals: non-Schengen passengers need to pass through passport control. Green channel is for 'nothing to declare'; Blue Channel is for EU citizens and Red Channel is customs declaration. The Arrivals area houses the baggage claim area.
*NOTE: By late May 2016, the $12M terminal modernization project had been completed, with a new shopping area, upgraded Operations, and doubling the passenger screening area, as well as the waiting and passenger verification area. Processing capacity increased to 1,400 passengers per hour. With seven new passenger screening lines, and added baggage screening lines - total passenger screening capacity is now 1,400 per hour.
The departure lounge has a new layout allowing Schengen & non-Schengen flights to be flexible according to traffic on any given day. In addition, there is now a new transfer hall and three new departure gates, one for Schengen, two for non-Schengen traffic. The renovated commercial area with added 1,800 sq.meter space houses new stores & refurnished commercial area. Duty-free has been renovated.
Amenities and services inside the passenger terminal:
- Rental car counters for major agencies are located on level 0, at Arrivals.
- A Tourist Information Office (tel. +351 291 524 933) on Level 0, open 9am-midnight, except Tuesday (9am-9pm), Travel Agents and Tour Operators;
- Handling Agents on Level 1 (Ground Force, TRIAM & Portway).
-Banking services include a bank branch of Banco Santander TOTTA on level 0; BPI Automatic Area at Level 1, and ATM cash machine on Levels 0, 1 & 2. Foreign Currency Exchange is available by Cotacambios at Level 0, open 5am-1pm.
- The Correios Post Office is on Level 1.
- Internet access is available at Netpoint machines on Levels 1 & 2, and in various areas on all levels of the terminal.
- Left Luggage is on Level 0, open 24/7. Lost & Found is in the PSP police building, adjacent to the terminal (tel. +351 291 520 889);
- Luggage trolleys are in the baggage claim area & at the entrance of Level 1, Arrivals.
A hairdresser is open 8:30am-8pm, on Level 1;
VIP lounges are on Levels 0 & 1; and CIP lounges are on Level 1 at Arrivals, & on Level 3 at Departures (with a choice of A, B & C service levels – tel. +351 291 520700 or fax +351 291 520761).
Santa Cruz, 9100-105
Phone: +35 1 291 520 700