Malmo (MMX) Airport
Malmo MMX Airport Overview
Malmo Airport MMX serves southern Sweden's Oresund region and Scania, which is the country's most densely populated area. Forty percent of Sweden’s population lives within a three-hour travel circle of Malmo Airport, making it Sweden's fifth busiest airport, also serving as a reliever airport for the Copenhagen Airport.
The Airport is located in the municipality of Svedala, central Oresund, and within Scania, and is 28 km from Malmo and 26 km from Lund. It is accessible via motorways 108 & E65, and from Denmark via the Oresund Bridge. Malmo Airport is also 55 km from central Copenhagen, or 47 km from Copenhagen Airport via the Oresund Bridge.
With 1.9 million passengers in 2012, Malmo Airport is served by some domestic and international airlines offering mainly flights to European cities, with connections around the globe; seasonal charters are available to various vacation destinations.
NOTE: Some Saturdays during summertime are extremely busy days, when over 1,800 cruise ship passengers check in for their return flight to Spain.
The on-Airport hotel 'Best Western Sturup Airport Hotel' (tel. +46 40 50 0570) offers business-related facilities.
Malmo Airport has one passenger terminal. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.
Parking options at Malmo Airport include a total of 3,400 parking spaces - the indoor Parking Garage P2 offers hourly parking and P4 daily parking, while P1 and P3 are long-term parking lots.
To get from Malmo Airport to your destination, you can rent a car (Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt & Mabi), take a taxi a bus, or a bus to the train: A Taxi stand is in front of the passenger terminal, and a trip to either Malmo or Lund has a fixed price of 395 SEK (Swedish Kroners).
1. Flygbussarna Airport coaches offer 30 departures daily from the airport to downtown Malmo and Lund, and the trip to either destination takes about 40 minutes.
2. In turn, Malmo or Lund offer train connections (i.e., the train to Copenhagen takes about 80 minutes).
3. The Grahundbus offers 2 departures daily to Copenhagen, a 50-minute ride.
Malmo MMX Airport Update History
- MMX Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- MMX Airport Intro - Jun 16, 2013
- MMX Main Terminals - Jun 16, 2013
- MMX Airlines Served - Jun 14, 2013