Marquette County MQT Airport Overview
Marquette Sawyer International Airport MQT serves Michigan's Upper Peninsula. To pay tribute to local aviation history, the airport features an Aviation Wall of Fame that honors area residents who made significant contributions in the field of flight. It includes a memorial display case for aeronautical engineer Clarence Kelly Johnson who designed many cutting-edge military planes like the high-flying U-2 reconnaissance plane.
MQT Airport is located between the cities of Marquette and Gwinn - accessible via State Hwy 41 (take exit to 94 West) - and is situated between Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.
With an estimated 88,000 yearly passengers, Sawyer International Airport is currently served by Delta (800-221-1212) and American Eagle (800-433-7300) to some major U.S. hubs, offering worldwide connections.
The passenger terminal at Sawyer International Airport with high ceilings is spacious and airy, with comfortable seating and carpeting, clean and large restrooms, and offers the following amenities: Free WiFi access; the 'Touch N' Go' food concession, vending machines, an ATM machine, free baggage carts, a U.S. mailbox, telephones (incl. TDD), and television. Rental car counters in the arrivals area are open 8am-midnight.
225 Airport Ave
Gwinn, MI 49841
- Website for Marquette County: http://www.sawyerairport.com
- Phone: (906) 346 3308
Marquette County MQT Airport Update History
- MQT Airports - Oct 27, 2013
- MQT Airport Intro - Oct 18, 2013
- MQT Timezone - Oct 9, 2013
- MQT Buses & Trains - Oct 9, 2013
- MQT Email - Oct 9, 2013
- MQT GMT Offset - Oct 9, 2013
- MQT Pets - Sep 19, 2013
- MQT Persons With Disabilities - Sep 19, 2013
- MQT Official Website Links - Sep 19, 2013
- MQT Lost Found - Sep 19, 2013
- MQT Internet - Sep 19, 2013
- MQT Parking On site - Aug 10, 2013
- MQT Airlines Served - Jun 15, 2013