McAllen Miller MFE Airport Overview
McAllen International Airport MFE is the primary airport of the Rio Grande Valley for Deep South Texas and Northeast Mexico. The Rio Grande Valley is a culturally rich and diverse area stretching from Roma to Brownsville.
MFE Airport is a mere two miles from midtown McAllen, Texas, between 10th Street and Centennial Blvd., a quarter mile from Expressway 83, and within walking distance from hotels, the valley's largest mall, and numerous restaurants; it is also only 7 miles from Reynosa, Mexico, accessible via three international bridges.
With an estimated 650K passengers a year, McAllen International Airport is served by Aeromar (tel. 855-237-6627), Allegiant, American (tel. 1-800-433-7300), & United (tel. 1-800-525-0280) airlines, offering direct flights some U.S. & Mexico, with connections around the world.
Aeromar who partners with United offers currently flights to Mexico City on its 50-passenger jets.
For Airport, Parking or Airline Questions contact the Operations Info Center at Tel: (956) 682-9101; Fax: Fax (956) 971-8425.
The passenger terminal at McAllen International Airport offers wireless internet access, a business center, shoeshine, rental car counters, a gift and duty-free shop, a CNBC store, and a number of food & drink establishments. Rental car counters for major agencies are located in the Arrivals area.
Until Spring 2014, the terminal is undergoing drastic renovation & expansion work, to be completed by Spring 2014.
Airport contact: 956-681-1500/ fax 1510;
Airport Police: 956-681-1555
Airport Parking: 681-1550.
Present & future Airport developments: Construction on the terminal expansion project began in July 2012 and involves:
1. At the passenger terminal: Adding another gate; a 7,400 sq.ft, one-level addition at its west end for checked baggage screening and baggage handling system expansion; renovating 11,200 sq.feet at east end for lobby, security screening, TSA offices & concessions; construct 2-level addition of 33,000 sq.ft at south end for boarding gates, boarding bridges, holdrooms, restrooms, concessions, & more; renovate 5,000 sq.feet at south end for boarding gates & holdroom - all to be tentatively completed by Spring 2014.
2. Terminal Area Apron improvement & expansion - also to be tentatively completed by Spring 2014.
McAllen Miller MFE Airport Update History
- MFE Airports - Oct 25, 2013
- MFE Airport Intro - Oct 16, 2013
- MFE Timezone - Oct 6, 2013
- MFE Buses & Trains - Oct 6, 2013
- MFE Email - Oct 6, 2013
- MFE GMT Offset - Oct 6, 2013
- MFE Security - Sep 16, 2013
- MFE Persons With Disabilities - Sep 16, 2013
- MFE Official Website Links - Sep 16, 2013
- MFE Lost Found - Sep 16, 2013
- MFE Internet - Sep 16, 2013
- MFE Business Services - Sep 16, 2013
- MFE Parking On site - Aug 12, 2013
- MFE Airlines Served - Jun 12, 2013