Kern County is called California's Golden Empire for a good reason. This grand and historic area, where settlers once sought the riches brought by gold, and the "black gold" of oil, is now a place of golden opportunity. Kern County is filled with booming cities and an unparalleled quality of life.
Street address: 2101 Oak St.
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. (800) 500-KERN; (661) 868-5376
Situated at the southern end of California's great Central Valley, Kern County is the gateway to Southern California, the San Joaquin Valley, the Sierra Nevada and the Mojave Desert. Perfectly located, Kern is within easy reach of Los Angeles or San Francisco, the Pacific Coast or Las Vegas, Yosemite or Death Valley.
KernCounty has a wealth of recreational and tourism opportunities to offer:
The Wild and Scenic Kern River is a Mecca for outdoorsmen. Beginners and professionals alike flock to its world-class rapids. The Kern River Valley is also the gateway to the Giant Sequoia National Monument and is home to some of the best fishing and camping in California. Five recreational lakes just add to the water-based fun.
Kern's desert is home to the awe-inspiring Red Rock Canyon State Park and the living ghost town of Randsburg. You can also view the history of flight or developments in military technology at Edwards Air Force Base, Vernon P. Saxon Flight Museum, or the U.S. Naval Museum of Armament and Technology at the China Lake Naval Air Weapons Station.
In the San Joaquin Valley you can celebrate the life and legacy of a country music legend at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace, view indigenous wildlife at the California Living Museum or Tule Elk State Reserve, or peer into our past at the Kern County Museum or West Kern Oil Museum.
With valley, mountain and desert areas, Kern County has something for everyone. Whatever you enjoy -- bird-watching, golfing, hunting and fishing, auto racing, sky diving, rock climbing, biking, off-roading, skiing, kayaking, windsurfing or river rafting -- Kern County is the place to be!
Terminal Maps at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL terminal map
- Chicago O'Hare ORD terminal map
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW terminal map
- Los Angeles LAX terminal map
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS terminal map
- Denver DEN terminal map
- Houston Intercontinental IAH terminal map
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX terminal map
- Philadelphia PHL terminal map
- Charlotte Douglas CLT terminal map
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW terminal map
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP terminal map
- Newark Liberty EWR terminal map
- Washington Dulles IAD terminal map
- Boston Logan BOS terminal map
- Salt Lake City SLC terminal map
- La Guardia LGA terminal map
- New York Kennedy JFK terminal map
- Memphis MEM terminal map
- Miami MIA terminal map
- San Francisco SFO terminal map
- Orlando MCO terminal map
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG terminal map
- Seattle Tacoma SEA terminal map
- Honolulu HNL terminal map
- Baltimore Washington BWI terminal map
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC terminal map
- Chicago Midway MDW terminal map
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL terminal map
- Lambert St Louis STL terminal map
- Washington Reagan National DCA terminal map
- Portland PDX terminal map
- Tampa TPA terminal map
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE terminal map
- Raleigh-Durham RDU terminal map
- Houston Hobby HOU terminal map
- Pittsburgh PIT terminal map
- San Diego SAN terminal map
- San Antonio SAT terminal map
- Nashville BNA terminal map