Menorca (MAH) Airport
Menorca MAH Airport Overview
Menorca Airport MAH is primarily serving tourists arriving in large numbers via charter flights - summer time is high tourist season.
The Airport is located 4.5 km southwest of the Balearic island of Menorca’s capital city Mahon, near the east coast of Spain. It is easily accessible from Mahon by taking roads ME-12 and ME-14, or from Ciutadella by taking roads E-1 and ME-14.
With an estimated 2.5 million passengers in 2012, the Airport is served by domestic airlines offering flights to cities throughout Spain, and by charters from European countries, particularly from the UK, Germany & Italy.
NOTE: Non-Schengen & foreign citizens should obtain a luggage trolley after passing through passport control, and look for their flight reference number displayed on the overhead screens at baggage claim carousel, pick up luggage, and proceed to the arrivals lobby which houses travel agencies, rental car agencies & tourist information.
The passenger terminal at Menorca Airport has three levels - the ground level P0; first level P1 & second level P2.
For departing passengers 42 check-in desks are on P1, and security checks and 16 boarding gates are on P2.
Arriving passengers are channeled to ground level P0, where there are 6 baggage claim carousels.
Amenities and services in the passenger terminal:
Aside from food & drink and retail concessions, you find in the terminal an information counter, rinternet access, rental car counters, tour operators, banking services, Lost luggage (Acciona, Air Europa, Iberia & Spanair); a Police station (tel. 971 157 055) ; a Pharmacy (tel. 971 352 614); andLost & Found (tel. 971 157 108).
Parking options at Menorca Airport: The P1short-term car park across from the terminal offers the first 30 minutes free - ideal for pickup/dropoff. The long-term car park is close to the terminal.
Rental car counters are located in the arrivals area at level P0.
To get from Menorca Airport to your destination you can rent a car (Avis, Europcar, Hertz, National or Owners), take a taxi or a bus:
1. Taxis are situated opposite the passenger terminal and take you to the following towns on the island: Alaior, Mahón, Ciutadella, Es Castell, Es Migjorn, Ferreries, Fornells, Llumecanes, Mercadal, Sant Climent, Sant Lluís. Taxi fares are charged by either daily rates (6am-9pm), or by nightly rates (9pm-6am & Weekends/holidays). Tel: 971 357 700 / 111 (Mahon); 971 382 896 (Ciutadella).
2. The Airport – Mahon Line (visit e-torres.net) offers direct bus service to Mahon’s central bus station every 30 minutes, where you can connect with other buses to different points on the Island.
Ctra. San Clemente s/n
Mahon / Menorca, . SP-07712
- Website for Menorca: http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Menorca/en/Home.html
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +34 91 321 1000
Menorca MAH Airport Update History
- MAH Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- MAH Airlines Served - Jun 11, 2013