OverviewPublic transportation from Oakland Airport: Private shuttle buses /vans are available from:
- Evans Airport Service (707-255-1559 or 944-2025) serves Courtyard by Marriott at Vallejo and Napa;
- The Airport Express (707-837-8700 or 800-327-2024) serves the North Bay's Marin & Sonoma Counties.
- The Super Shuttle (415-558-8500) serves San Francisco, San Jose & Sacramento airports, as well as the Bay area & Monterey counties.
- Uber & Lyft shared ride services and now available.
By Bus: For AC Transit Bus information open: www.actransit.org - for schedules, open: www.actransit.org/maps/index.php?line=805&Go=Go . .
- AC Line 73 connects OAK with the Coliseum/Oakland Airport BART station every 15 minutes - 4:56a.m.-2:06a.m.
- AC Line 805 is the late-night bus connecting the Airport with the Coliseum /Oakland Airport BART station, and downtown Oakland - running hourly 12:35a.m.- 4:30 a.m.
- AC Line 21 runs between Oakland Fruitvale & Alameda.
NOTE that AC Transit also serves13 cities and adjacent unincorporated areas in Alameda and Contra Costa counties, with local, and Transbay lines to San Francisco and surroundings. AC Transit buses connect with other public & private buses, BART stations, Amtrak stations, andferry terminals.
The local AC bus fare is $2.10 for adults 19 to 64, $1.05 for youth (ages 5-18) and $1.05 for seniors (ages 65+) and the disabled. Children under age 5 are free. Transfers to other AC Transit buses is an additional $0.25 and must be purchased upon boarding the first bus. Transfers between AC Transit and the BART system are also available for an additional $1.85 when purchased inside the BART stations
The new OAK BART station is in front of the terminal buildings - passengers travel on the 3.2 mile elevated guideway between the OAK BART station and the Coliseum* BART station - with direct connections there to Powell Street in San Francisco (SF). The trip takes just 8.5 minutes, while total travel time is 12-14 minutes (including the walk from the passenger terminal to the OAK platform & from there to the BART Coliseum Station).
BART trains offer seamless single-ticket connections to all of its 45 stations throughout the SF Bay Area. Trains depart weekdays every 5 minutes during peak hours. For more Bart Train information call 510-465-BART or visit www.bart.gov; for fare information open the BART website at: www.bart.gov/tickets/calculator.
Downtown San Francisco BART stations $10.05
Downtown Oakland stations $7.85
Downtown Berkeley Station $8.50
Walnut Creek Station $9.70
Fremont Station $9.85
Dublin Pleasanton Station $9.80
* The Coliseum / Oakland Airport BART Station is at 7200 San Leandro Street, Oakland. From there you can connect to all BART red, yellow, blue, green & orange lines lines. Bags can be put on on your lap on BART. (for Bart map open www.bart.gov/stations/index.aspx.).
Amtrak Train (1-800-872-7245) is located in Oakland, at Jack London Square station. From there you can take
(a) the Capitols train to either San Jose or Sacramento;
(b) the Coast Starlight to either Los Angeles or Seattle;
(c) the California Zephyr to Chicago via Reno.
Transfer to San Francisco Airport : Take the new elevated train across from the terminals to the BART Coliseum/Oakland Airport Station, where you should take BART's Daly City line - transferring at Balboa Park station to the SFO Line. Estimated time from OAK to SFO: about an hour.