Milan Malpensa (MXP) Airport
Milan Malpensa MXP Airport Overview
Milan Malpensa Airport MXP serves the Italian region of Lombardia and its capital city of Milan. It is the largest of the three Milan international airports (the other two are Orio al Serio, used for low-cost airlines, and Linate).
The Airport is located 40 km northwest of central Milan, and is only about 50 miles from the Swiss Border. It is accessible by a four-lane highway to the A8 motorway, which connects Switzerland to Milan, and by a four-lane highway to the A4 motorway to Turin and to the Strade Statale 11.
With an estimated 18. million passengers served per year, Milan Malpensa Airport is served by a myriad of national, international, low-cost and charter airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The on-Airport Sheraton Milan Malpensa Hotel is inside of Terminal 1 and offers a conference center.
The passenger terminal complex at Milan Malpensa Airport consists of two terminals - T1 & T2 - or Malpensa 1 & Malpensa 2 (for low-cost airlines).
Rental car agencies at Malpensa Airport maintain desks in both terminals: (Avis & Europcar in T2, Arrivals; ten others, including Avis & Europcar in T1, first floor). Both Malpensa 1 and 2 have now an ecological car-sharing program.
Milan Malpensa Airport
Varese, Lombardia, 21010
- Website for Milan Malpensa: http://www.sea-aeroportimilano.it/en/malpensa/index.phtml
- Phone: +39 02 232323
- View Terminal Map
Milan Malpensa MXP Airport Update History
- MXP Airports - Oct 26, 2013
- MXP Airport Intro - Oct 21, 2013
- MXP Buses & Trains - Oct 21, 2013
- MXP Layover - Oct 21, 2013
- MXP Parking On site - Oct 21, 2013
- MXP Main Terminals - Aug 3, 2013
- MXP Food & Stores - Jul 8, 2013
- MXP Airlines Served - Jun 16, 2013
- MXP Official Website Links - Jun 16, 2013