San Jose Mineta International Airport SJC
- serves the greater San Francisco Bay area. The Airport markets itself as 'Silicon Valley Airport', as
it serves California's high-tech area of Silicon Valley situated between the cities of San Francisco & San Jose. The nearby city of San Jose is located southeast of the San Francisco Bay Area. Mineata Airport is owned & operated by the City of San Jose.
SJC Airport is only 4 km north of San Jose - ideally situated at or near major highways: off Highways 85 & 87 (Skyport Drive exit), both of which connect to I-280 and to Hwy 101.
For regularly updated recorded message about roads, terminals and parking call (408) 501-0630.
With 10.8 million passengers in 2016, and three runways, Mineta San Jose Airport is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Hainan Airlines offer flights to some cities in Asia.
- Air China started Sept. 1, 2016 with flights to/from Shanghai.
- JetBlue started Jan. 4, 2017 with flights to Long Beach, CA.
- United Airlies adds March 9, 20017 two daily flights to Chicago ORD and one daily flight to Newark EWR
- Alaska Air starts service March 12, 2017 to Newark's EWR Airport (with easy transport options into New York City).
Arriving by car at the Airport:
- If you are picking up or dropping of passengers
, stop your vehicle curbside in front of either Terminals A or B to actively load/unload.
- Solo passengers
must park their car in the parking lot and bring baggage to curbside check-in or the ticket counter (use Smarte Cartes for your baggage).
- An alternate drop-off area
is on Martin Avenue, at the back of the Long-term parking lot. At the drop-off point, proceed to shuttle stop L and wait at the designated bus stop for the shuttle that will take you to your terminal. Shuttles arrive every five minutes.
Mineta Airport has two terminals - TA & TB, served by a free shuttle.
- The Airport's new Mobil Passport Control (MPC) App expedites international passenger arrivals.
- The #SJCRobots named Norma, Amelia & Piper are the new customer service agents for arriving & departing passengers - equipped with high-touch & high-tech innovation - introduced in Oct. 2016 - 'transforming how Silicon Valley travels'.
- 'AvatarMind' presents a humanoid, singing, dancing, maze-running Robot at the new 'iPal' playground - featuring its new iPal social companion robots to play with, entertain and educate travelers of any age. Currently passengers may purchase such robot at the airport, prior to availability at outside retail stores.
Current and future Airport developments:
In June 2016, Mineta Airport started preparations for its International Arrivals facility expansion project
, adding 5,600 sq.ft - to include a second baggage carousel & enclosed meeting area, more baggage claim space and a second baggage carousel; extension of terminal front & enclosing it; adding comfortable seating, restrooms and a snack space in the new waiting area; and introducing Global Entry kiosks
(placing passports & fingertips on kiosk scanner for verification, making customs declaration, and receiving expedited clearance through the customs process). All international arrivals (except those departing from an Airport with U.S. customs clearance) arrive at this terminal - completion of which is scheduled for Spring 2017.