San Jose Mineta SJC Airport Overview
SJC Airport is only 4 km north of San Jose - ideally situated at or near major highways: off Highways 85 & 87 (Skyport Drive exit), both of which connect to I-280 and to Hwy 101.
For regularly updated recorded message about roads, terminals and parking call (408) 501-0630.
With an estimated 9 million passengers annually, and three runways, Mineta San Jose Airport is served by domestic and international airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Hainan Airlines offer flights to some cities in Asia. NOTE:
- Lufthansa German Airlines offers five weekly nonstop flights on Airbus A340-300 to Frankfurt, Germany - starting April 29, 2016.
- British Airways offers daily flights to London Heathrow on its 787-900 Dreamliner, starting May 4, 2016.
- Air Canada offers two daily flights to Vancouver, sarting May 9, 2016.
- American Airlines offers daily nonstops to Charlotte - with connections to Caribbean, Florida, Raleigh-Durham & Savannah - between June 2 & August 15, 2016.
Arriving by car at the Airport:
- If you are picking up or dropping of passengers, stop your vehicle curbside in front of either Terminals A or B to actively load/unload.
- Solo passengers must park their car in the parking lot and bring baggage to curbside check-in or the ticket counter (use Smarte Cartes for your baggage).
- An alternate drop-off area is on Martin Avenue, at the back of the Long-term parking lot. At the drop-off point, proceed to shuttle stop L and wait at the designated bus stop for the shuttle that will take you to your terminal. Shuttles arrive every five minutes.
Mineta Airport has two terminals - TA & TB, served by a free shuttle.
Current and future Airport developments: As of June 2016, Mineta Airport tarted preparations for its International Arrivals facility expansion project, adding 5,600 sq.ft - to include a second baggage carousel & enclosed meeting area, more baggage claim space and a second baggage carousel; extention of terminal front & enclosing it; adding comfortable seating, restrooms and a snack space in the new waiting area; and introducing Global Entry kiosks (placing passports & fingertips on kiosk scanner for verification, making customs declaration, and receiving expedited clearance through the customs process).