OverviewPublic Transportation from Mineta San Jose Airport: Transportation options are available in the following locations:
- Terminal A side: Airport Flyer (VTA 10), inter-terminal shuttles, limos, charters, economy lot 1 shuttle, taxis, hotel shuttles & scheduled buses.
- Terminal B side: Airport Flyer (VTA 10), charters, door-to-door shuttles, economy lot 1 shuttle, hotel shuttles & scheduled buses, inter-terminal shuttles, limos, off-airport parking shuttles and taxis.
- Door-to-Door Shuttles are stationed on the lower level of Terminal A's parking garage, and across Terminal B's baggage claim area in the Ground Transportation Center. Numerous companies serve Aptos, Campbell, Discovery Bay, Freemont, Lathrop, San Jose, San Francisco, San Bruno, Santa Clara, San Mateo, Sunnyvale, Union City, Tracy.
- Passengers may schedule a ride to/from SJC via the Wingz website www.wingz.me - at least two hours in advance. Within minutes, they receive by e-mail ride & driver details. When landing at SJC the passenger notifies driver when ready to be picked up. Driver then proceeds to pick up traveler at Airport's designated ground transport pickup area.
- Lyft & Uber car-share are now authorized to pick up passengers at SJC
VTA Route 10 Airport Flyer (tel. 408-321-2300 - vta.org) connects the airport to:
- Santa Clara Station for Caltrain and Altamont Commuter Express rail services;
- numerous local buses; and (with frequent stops) to:
- Metro/Airport Light Rail Station for VTA's light rail service;
- BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit - tel. 510-441-2278 or visit: www.bart.gov ): Take VTA Airport Flyer; exit at Metro Light Rail Station; board Light Rail at Metro; exit at Civic Center; take VTA 180 Express Bus to Fremont Bart Station.
Metro Light Rail 's nearest station is at N. First St. & Metro in San Jose. Take the number 10 bus from either:
Terminal B on the Ground Transportation island across the terminal; or
Terminal A at the Ground Transportation Center across from the International Arrivals building.
ACE Train in Santa Clara (1001 Railroad Ave.): The VTA Airport Flyer makes frequent stops between Airport & Santa Clara Caltrain Station, where ACE train is available. For more information call 800-411-RAIL or visit: www.acerail.com.
- The Monterey Airbus (831-373-7777) serves the Salinas/ Monterey area - reservations required.
- The Santa Cruz Airport Flyer (831-423-5937) stops in Aptos, Santa Cruz & Scotts Valley - reservations required.
Greyhound bus station is at 70 S. Almaden Ave., San Jose; tel. 408-295-4151, or visit: www.greyhound.com
Amtrak train station is at 65 Cahill St., San Jose: Take the free VTA Airport Flyer to Metro/Airport LRT Station, and take the Mountain View - Winchester LRT to Amtrak's Diridon Station. For more Amtrak information call 408-287-7462 or visit: www.amtrak.com.