Montevideo Carrasco (MVD) Airport
MVD AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
Montevideo Carrasco MVD Airport Overview
Montevideo Carrasco International Airport MVD is Urguguay's (South America) primary airport serving its capital city of Montevideo and the Canelones region.
The Airport is located In Purta del Sur, and is only 5 km from the city of Montevideo, acccessible via National Routes 101, Route 1B (Ruta Interbalnearia) & Route 102.
With two runways and an estimated 1.95 million passengers in 2012, Carrasco Airport is served by some major airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
NOTE: Boarding fees in US dollars: International $36; flights to Buenos Aires $17; domestic flights $2.
You can now complete all required entry/departure forms over the internet, saving time and inconvenience.
The spectacular passenger terminal at Carrasco Airport, opened in 2009, is able to handle 4 million passengers a year, with four jetways to the boarding gates, accessible from the mezzanine level (entrepiso). Independent access roads serve departures on the first floor and arrivals on the ground level, covered by a rounded roof canopy. To make an even more visual impact, an open atrium next to the street entrance opens the ground floor of the terminal to the monumental space of the main hall, linking the start and end stages of the trip through the airport both visually and spatially.
The terminal has Arrivals on the ground level (with baggage claim, rental car counters, information, and other services); and hasDepartures on level 1 with check-in counters, on either side, security control in the center, followed by Immigration and adjacent VIP lounge, and access to the gates. Gates 1 through 8 are on the mezzanine level (each of the four jetways houses two gates).
Services and amenities inside the passenger terminal: Given the new available space, more amenities have been added (restaurants, bars, shops & duty-free shops, HSBC bank branch & ATM machines, ANTEL communications, Global Exchange foreign exchange desks, True Star luggage wrapping, and travel agents Abtour & Jorge Martinez). The 'Belvedere Terrace" offers a peaceful environment where the weary traveler can relax.
A VIP Club is located both in Arrivals and Departures areas (Tel: 598 2 6040329 Ext. 1600). The 'Fast-Pass' makes checking in for members of the VIP Club a breeze by affording them preferred treatment at the passport and security control by merely swiping their card at the designated space in the departure hall, and upon their return in the arrivals hall.
Parking options at Carrasco International: Parking is available in the 1,200 spaces at Lots A & B, as well as in Lot C ( preferred parking for card holders). 'Long-stay' is considered as parking for more than five hours. Fees are charged on an hourly/daily basis.
For more information call +598 2 604 0329; fax 604 0010.
Rental car agencies at Carrasco International ( Avis, Budget, Europcar and Hertz) are located in the arrivals area of the passenger terminal.
To get from Carrasco Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a bus:
Airport-authorized taxis are available in front of the passenger terminal, or by calling 604-0323 /0188.
Bus companies serving the airport are C.O.P.S.A., Tel: 1975; COT S.A.- Aeropuerto: 598-2-600-3195; Tres Cruces: 598-2-409-4949; and Cutcsa, Tel: 598-2-204-0000.
Ruta 101 km 19,950
Puerta del Sur S.A., PC 14.000
- Website for Montevideo Carrasco : http://www.aeropuertodecarrasco.com.uy/en/
- Email Address: http://www.aeropuertodecarrasco.com.uy/contactenos.php
- Phone: +598 2604 0272
Montevideo Carrasco MVD Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Montevideo Carrasco MVD Airport Update History
- Updated MVD Parking On site page - Apr 3, 2013
- Updated MVD Airport Intro page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated MVD Airports page - Mar 17, 2013
- Updated MVD Direct Flights page - Mar 5, 2013