Montpellier - Mediterranée Airport MPL
serves southern France's Languedoc Roussillon Department, bordering on the Gulf of Lyon/ Mediterrnean Sea, and is gateway to renowned seaside resorts (La Grande Motte, Palavas, Grau du Roi, & more), and listed sites (La Camargue, Pont du Gard, Cathar country, the Cévennes, Canal du Midi, etc).
The Airport is located 7 km southeast of Montpellier, in the Mauguio-Carnon municipality, and is accessible via new motorway A9, Montpellier-Est exit 29. NOTE: The 'new' A9 (between Baillargues & Saint-Jean-deVedas) opened in May 2017: at A9 follow direction 'Montpellier; then leave at 'Montpellier-Est'. The whole project is to be completed soon, when the 'old' A9 will become A709.
With 1.7 million passengers in 2016, Mediterranee Airporrt is served by domestic and international, regular and low-cost airlines with direct and connecting flights to European destinations, with connections around the world.
The Airport Hotel
(tel. 67 20 07 08) is located right at the Airport entrance, with its own locked car park and conference facilities, and a free shuttle service to/from the passenger terminal.
NOTE: Passengers now need to present valid identification - even within the European Union airports.
Montpellier Airport has one passenger terminal. In the first 4 months of 2017, the registration & arrivals area and some boarding lounges were renovated.
The ground level is divided into Departures & Arrivals:
- In the center is Depatures with check-in counters and access at left end to security checks and elevator /escalator up to departure lounges, Salon Promeo, duty-free shops and gates. An Information counter (tel. 04 67 47 3774) divides Arrivals/Departures.
- to the right are the Arrivals facilities, including baggage claim & customs, unaccompanied minors, meeting point, brasserie, visitor desk, cash dispenser, & parking ticket machines. Travel agency Midi Libre Voyages is opposite the Montpellier Chamber of Commerce (tel. 04 67 47 3774). WiFi access for the first 15 minutes is free.
The upper level houses
to the right a bar, duty-free shop and access to gates 1/21 & 12/22 - and to the right passport check, 'accueil enfants voyageant seul' and the terrace - leding to gats 15 & 25, 16 & 17.
- A Business Center is in the General Aviation building
- open daily 8am-8pm (no video conferences weekends/holidays). It offers work stations, suite offices, meeting rooms and equipped lounges, (rooms for up to 150 persons).
- The Rental car facility i
s located across from the Business Center/ General Aviation.
- Parking options
include two short-term parking lots P2 & P3, and one long-term parking lot P4.