Montpellier Mediterranee (MPL) Airport
MPL AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
Montpellier Mediterranee MPL Airport Overview
Montpellier - Mediterranée Airport MPL serves southern France's Languedoc Roussillon Department, bordering on the Gulf of Lyon/ Mediterrnean Sea, and is gateway to renowned seaside resorts (La Grande Motte, Palavas, Grau du Roi, & more), and listed sites (La Camargue, Pont du Gard, Cathar country, the Cévennes, Canal du Midi, etc).
The Airport is located 7 km southeast of Montpellier, in the Mauguio-Carnon municipality , and is accessible via motorway A9, Montpellier-Est exit 29.
With an estimated 1.3 million passengers a year, domestic and international, regular and low-cost airlines serve the Airport with direct and connecting flights to European destinations, with connections around the world. Some airlines operate year-round, while others operate seasonally or provide charter flights to popular vacation destinations.
The Airport Hotel (tel. 67 20 07 08) is located right at the Airport entrance, with its own locked car park and conference facilities, and a free shuttle service to/from the passenger terminal.
Montpellier Airport as one passenger terminal, which offers: Free internet service throughout the terminal; a gourmet restaurant (La Terrasse du Sud in the Arrivals hall, a bar (France Select) in the Departure hall, and a café (France Café) in the Arrivals hall. A Relay shop is in Departure Hall, Gate C across from Airline desks. Cepages du Sud (for selection of French wines) and Puech Haut (wine tasting & sale) are both in Arrival Hall, Door A.
Duty-Free Boutique shop is in Departures lounge (tel. 04 67 64 6876).
Travel agency Midi Libre Voyages is opposite the Montpellier Chamber of Commerce (tel. 04 67 47 3774). The Montpellier Chamber of Commerce’s Information desk is centrally located (tel. 04 67 47 3774).
The Business Center, is located in the General Aviation building, open daily 8am-8pm (no video conferences weekends/holidays). It offers not only work stations but also suite offices, meeting rooms and equipped lounges, (rooms for up to 150 persons).
Parking options at Montpellier Airport include two short-term parking lots - P2 & P3, and one long-term parking lot – P4. However, you can park in either one of these lots, regardless of the length of your stay. For extra safety and convenience, you can use the ‘Car Hotel’ on level P0, the equivalent of valet parking.
Baggage trollies are available in each lot, as well as in the nearby passenger terminal. Other than surveillance cameras, no other security measures are in place – park at your own risk.
A Dyneff gas & repair station is 200 meters after the roundabout at the Airport exit, to the right.
To get from Montpellier-Mediterranee Airport to your destination, you can rent a car from the following agencies by calling: ADA 04 67 20.0212; Avis 04 67 20.1495; National/Citer 04 67 15.1347; Europcar 04 67 99.8200; Sixt 04 67 65.3375; Hertz 04 67 20.0464), or you can take a taxi, or a shuttle bus:
The taxi rank is at the Arrivals Hall exit, gate A (Tel: 04 67 20 65 29).
TheAirport Shuttle Line 120 stops at Place de l’Europe (the 4th stop after the tramway station) in the Antigone quarter. The fare is 5 EUR and you can buy a 10-fare ticket at a reduced rate, or 5.50 EUR with TAM transfer option. For more information call Herault Transport at 0 825 340 134 or the coach station at 04.67.92.01.43. Note that the end stop of Place de Europe may change!
Montpellier Mediterranee MPL Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Montpellier Mediterranee MPL Airport Update History
- Updated MPL Parking On site page - Apr 1, 2013
- Updated MPL Airports page - Mar 25, 2013
- Updated MPL Direct Flights page - Mar 25, 2013
- Updated MPL Airport Intro page - Mar 19, 2013
- Updated MPL Food & Stores page - Dec 7, 2012