Munster Osnabruck (FMO) Airport
Munster Osnabruck FMO Airport Overview
Munster Osnabruck International Airport FMO serves the cities of Munster and Osnabruck in the German state of Rhineland-Westphalia, with over 6 million residents of the northern Ruhr-Basin, south Lower Saxony, Emsland, and parts of Westphalia and the Netherlands (Euregio.
The Airport is located in the town of Greven, 25 km from Munster and 35 km from Osnabruck. You can access the Airport from Bremen-Osnabruck via A1 (Exit 74 Ladbergen), from Dortmund/Munster via A1/43 (Exit 76 Greven), or from Amsterdam/Rheine (Exit 11b Ibbenburen).
With a long runway and 1 million passengers in 2012, Munster Osnabruck International is served by by a number of domestic and international airlines, including low-fare airlines, offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe, and by seasonal charter flights offering flights to popular vacation destinations.
Among the airlines serving the Airport, OLT Express airline offers to airports at Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart, Paris, Milano & Vienna. Ryanair will start service in June 2013.
Check-in at FMO: To avoid long lines on the day of departure, passengers can check their baggage in the evening prior to their flight (exception: connecting flights operated by U.S. airlines afor flights to Tel Aviv):
(a) Tourists using AirBerlin, Germania, Hamburg International & Sky Airlines can check in 6-9pm at marked check-in desks by presenting their travel documents - including for those who travel with you - (tickets, IDs (passport, etc.); and
(b) Passengers on scheduled Lufthansa & AirBerlin flights can check in 6-8pm.
After checking in your baggage, pick up your baggage ticket and your boarding card.
The passenger terminal complex at Munster Osnabruck International is divided into Terminals 1 and 2. Arrivals in on the ground floor and Departure is on the first floor, with access to the gates. A viewing terrace is on the first floor of Terminal 1, directly adjacent to the Bel Air Self-Service Restaurant.
Amenities inside the passenger terminal include: Food & drink and retail concessions, internet access and internet ports, ATM cash machines, conference rooms, travel agency, a few ATM cash machines from two banks, 5 conference rooms accommodating up to 120 people (K1-K3 have the newest technology), a chapel; travel agencies and two children’s play areas at pre- and post- security Gates C/D, one for toddlers and a large outdoor one east of the terminal.
Parking options at Munster Osnabruck International include two multi-storey parking garages (PA & PB) and parking lots P1 through P6, all of which total 7,500 parking spaces.
P1 (short-term parking) is right in front of Terminals 1 & 2,
with the Parking Garages PA & PB right behind it (long- and short-term parking).
Long-term parking is also available in P2, P3 & P6 lots (to the left of the terminals) and P4 & P5 (to the right thereof).
While P6 is the most economical lot, it operates only on a seasonal basis
To get from Munster Osnabruck International Airport to your destination, you can rent a car (Avis, Hertz, Europcar, Sixt), take a taxi, a bus or the bus to the train.
Express buses will take you directly from the Airport to the train stations at Osnabruck, Ibbenburen or Munster. (S: Express, D: Direct, R: Local). S Schnellbus – S50 (AP – Munster and AP-Saerbeck, Dorenthe, Ibbenburen).
RegionalBus - R51 (Munster, Sprakel, Greven, Airport, Ladbergen, Lengerich); FMO eXpress -X-150 (AP – Osnabruck; D Direct Bus – D50 (AP, Schmedehausen, Coerde, Munser);
Save money & use the Rail & Fly-Ticket offered by the Deutsche Bahn. For bus schedules, (MS to/from FMO Airport or OS to FMO call (0 25 71) 94 33 60.
Huttrupper Heide 71-81
Greven, Rhineland, D-48268
- Website for Munster Osnabruck: http://www.flughafen-fmo.de/index.php?menu1=0&sprache=e
- Email Address: http://www.flughafen-fmo.de/index.php?page=38&PHPSESSID=e37d7a1e8f61f6fd80766e988ac929eb
- Phone: +49 25 71 943 360
Munster Osnabruck FMO Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Munster Osnabruck FMO Airport Update History
- Updated FMO Airports page - May 16, 2013
- Updated FMO Food & Stores page - May 16, 2013
- Updated FMO Airport Intro page - Mar 19, 2013
- Updated FMO Parking On site page - Feb 20, 2013
- Updated FMO Direct Flights page - Jan 18, 2013