Visitors Service - located on the southern gallery level of the MAC (Munich Airport Center):
Its Staff can address your questions and suggestions. The information center uses films, posters and maps to present the reasons and objectives behind the airport expansion and explains the ongoing planning activities. Interactive communication technologies allow visitors to focus on the issues and questions that interest you. Open Mo-Sun, 10am-6pm
Visitors Park - Exhibits in the visitors center provide fascinating insights about the airport. In an area especially designed for children, MUCi the mascot explains the workings of an airport to our youngest guests. Free screenings of films for young and old.
Outdoor visitors can get a close-up look at historic aircraft, the Super Constellation, the Ju52 and a rescue helicopter. A big playground and our new mini golf course are a pleasant diversion. At the top of the viewing hill you can experience the ongoing activity on the airport apron. And to top it all you can browse in the Airport Shop for souvenirs to take home.
Within the Visitors Park is the Restaurant "Ikarus" which also has a special children's menu.
The Visitors Terrace - located on Level 07, provides a view of the eastern apron and both runways. Telescopes permit an even closer look at everything happening at the airport.
Visitors access the terrace via the Skywalk, a glass tunnel that gently rises through the terminal from Level 05.
Wheelchair users and visitors with baby carriages can access the terrace through a special entrance to the Skywalk. Open daily 8am-10pm.
Admission is 2 eur, children under 6 and wheelchair users are free. Insert a coin at Skywalk entrance. Change machines are on Level 05 next to elevator leading to Visitors Terrace, and on Level 06 at entrance. They provide change for 5, 10 and 20 euro bank notes.
OFF-AIRPORT : Munich and Surrounding areas:
The city of Munich offers something for everyone's taste and pocketbook. Its Museums, Galleries, Opera and Concert Halls can satisfy even the most discriminating taste. Shopping and dining options are endless. And, if you are yearning for a rest outdoors, visit the "English Garden", a rather large and beautiful city park, where Munich citizens spend their free time. It also has an indoor and outdoor restaurant. And if you have time to stay overnight, and you have a yearning to see the Alps, hop on a bus or local train to either Tegernsee or Starnberg for a day in beautiful surroundings.
Your best bet is to visit the Airport's Visitor's Center and get advice from their knowledgeable staff, which can also steer you to the best sight-seeing packages and hotels.
Terminal Maps at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL terminal map
- Chicago O'Hare ORD terminal map
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW terminal map
- Los Angeles LAX terminal map
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS terminal map
- Denver DEN terminal map
- Houston Intercontinental IAH terminal map
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX terminal map
- Philadelphia PHL terminal map
- Charlotte Douglas CLT terminal map
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW terminal map
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP terminal map
- Newark Liberty EWR terminal map
- Washington Dulles IAD terminal map
- Boston Logan BOS terminal map
- Salt Lake City SLC terminal map
- La Guardia LGA terminal map
- New York Kennedy JFK terminal map
- Memphis MEM terminal map
- Miami MIA terminal map
- San Francisco SFO terminal map
- Orlando MCO terminal map
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG terminal map
- Seattle Tacoma SEA terminal map
- Honolulu HNL terminal map
- Baltimore Washington BWI terminal map
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC terminal map
- Chicago Midway MDW terminal map
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL terminal map
- Lambert St Louis STL terminal map
- Reagan National DCA terminal map
- Portland PDX terminal map
- Tampa TPA terminal map
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE terminal map
- Raleigh-Durham RDU terminal map
- Houston Hobby HOU terminal map
- Pittsburgh PIT terminal map
- San Diego SAN terminal map
- San Antonio SAT terminal map
- Nashville BNA terminal map