Nantes Atlantique (NTE) Airport
Nantes Atlantique NTE Airport Overview
Nantes Atlantique Airport NTE, currently the largest airport in Western France, serves the country's Lower Atlantic region and is gateway to the famous Pays-de-la-Loire region and seaside resorts La Baule and Pornic.
The city of Nantes is located in the Loire Valley, noted for its Dukes of Brittany Castle, wineries, and nearby seaside resorts La Baule & Pornic.
The Airport is located in Bouguenais, 8 km southwest of the city of Nantes, accessible by the Nantes Ring Road (at Grand Lieu Gate) which connects to D723 & A83, as well as to N1665, N137, AA11 & N249. T
With a long runway, and an estimatd 3.7 million passengers year, domestic and foreign airlines serve the airport with direct flights throughout Europe, with connections around the world. Seasonal charter flights are available to popular vacation destinations.
Nantes Airport has one passenger terminal. (For detailed terminal information, click on 'Terminal Map'.)
Parking options at Nantes Airport: Parking Garage P0, and Parking Lots P2, P3 East & P4) are available for short- and long-term parking, without time limit.
Disabled GIG/GIC parking spaces are available for badge holders, opposite the main entrance, in parking lot P2. You can book your parking (at a fee) by phone for P0, P3 Est and P4 by calling +33 (0)184.108.40.206.00 and reserving by 6pm the day prior to your arrival.
Rental car desks for Avis, Europcar, Hertz, National/Citer, & Sixt are located on the esplanade next to the rental parking lot.
To get from Nantes Atlantique Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi, a shuttle, or public bus:
1. The taxi rank is on the esplanade opposite Hall 1 and can take you to the Nantes/Saint-Nazaire urban area. If you arrive in Hall 4, go to the taxi shelter where you can call for a taxi for pick-up. Reserved taxis have a special area outside the rental car building sign-posted as ‘Taxi Commandes’. To reserve a taxi call +33 (0)2 40 69 2222.
2. Bus 37 stops outside Terminal Hall 1, runs every 20 mins, and takes you to the Tramway line 3 at La Neustrie terminal. Frothere the tramway will drop you off at Place du Commerce in the city center.
3. The TAN Air Shuttle runs between the Airport and Nantes' City center and to the southern SNCF railway station every 30 mins and takes 20 mins.. Tickets can be obtained in the bus.
4. Other Shuttle buses operate between some towns and the airport on reservation only. For more information call 0810-444-444.
Future Airport Developments: As the Airport, which cannot be extended due to its close proximity to the city, construction of a new airport called "Aeroport du Grand Ouest" (30 km northwesof Nantes, in Notre-Dame-des Landes) is to be built. According to French news available, the new Airport site was hotly contested by several factions, including some opposition leaders on hunger strike. Ongoing hearings by a special commission were scheduled through March 2013, the outcome of which were to be presented to the Prime Minister - On May 1, 2013, a Human Chain of protesters stretched 25 km! Stay tuned....
Nantes Atlantique NTE Airport Update History
- NTE Airports - Oct 26, 2013
- NTE Airlines Served - Jun 16, 2013