Nurnberg (NUE) Airport
Nurnberg NUE Airport Overview
Nurnberg Airport NUE is an international Airport, home to Germany’s second-largest airline AirBerlin, and is open 24/7.
The Airport is located 5 km north of the city center of Nuremberg (English spelling), in the State of Bavaria, Germany, and accessible via motorway A3 (Frankfurt-Nurnberg). Due to the Airport's close proximity to the City and its direct connections to local streets, it is possible to walk or ride a bicycle from nearby neighborhoods right to the terminal.
With one long runway and an estimated 3.6 million passengers in 2012, Nurnberg Airport is a hub for AirBerlin, and is served by domestic and international, regular and low-cost airlines offering direct and connecting flights to cities around the world. Seasonal charters are available to popular vacation destinations.
The on-airport five-star ‘Moevenpick Hotel Nurnberg Airport’ (tel: +49 911 35010) is located across from the passenger terminal.
Options for your conference needs: (a) Inside the passenger terminal, the Moevenpick Conference Center offers 8 rooms of various sizes for up to 200 attendees (Tel: +49 911-95 28 60; fax +49 91-36 22 34) with optional catering, while (b) the Moevenpick Hotel has four more meeting rooms. (c) At the airport roundabout a new 'Airport BusinesCenter' is to be built, to be operated by several notable hotel chains.
Nurnberg Airport has one passenger terminal. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Nurnberg Airport are within a five-minute walk from the terminal.
1. For short-term parking use either the outdoor parking lot P5 or the P1 garage. Valet parking is available (tel. 0911-9 37 1313).
2. Multi-level garages P1, P2 & P3: (a) P1 (in front of the terminal – for business travelers & valet parking); (b) P3 (behind P1, for holiday & disabled parking); and (c) P2 (at the entrance circle, next to the Moevenpick Hotel, for holiday & disabled parking). For oversized (2.1 meters) vehicles contact the parking service at 0911-9 37 13 13.
3. Outdoor parking lots P7 (next to P3 Garage) and adjacent P31 are for holiday parking, while P5, situated between P7 & P3, is for short-term parking.
To get from Nurnberg Airport to your destination, you have the option of renting a car, taking a taxi (call the Taxi Center at +49 911-1 94 10), a door-to-door shuttle service, the subway or a bus.
1. The U-Bahn, a subway (U-2’s route is Ziegelstein - Nurnberg U-Bahn – Haubahnhof), connects the Airport every 10-15 minutes with the city center’s ‘Hauptbahnhof’ (central railway station) within 12 minutes, close to the historic Altstadt. A one-way ticket is 1.80 EUR. To get to the Trade Fare, switch over at central railway station to the U-1 subway line (towards Langwasser), which will get you there in another 25 minutes.
2. Airport-Nurnberg Buses depart in front of the departure terminal 1 on the departure level and take 10 minutes: Bus 32 runs to the Thon terminal, while Bus 33 runs to Nurnberg-Buch,
Nurnberg NUE Airport Update History
- NUE Airports - Oct 28, 2013
- NUE Airlines Served - Jun 16, 2013
- NUE Official Website Links - Jun 16, 2013