Closest Airports to LA ONTARIO ONT AIRPORT
Ontario, CA (0 miles)
Santa Ana, CA (30 miles)
Long Beach, CA (36 miles)
Burbank, CA (44 miles)
Los Angeles, CA (47 miles)
Palmdale, CA (47 miles)
Van Nuys, CA (52 miles)
Palm Springs, CA (64 miles)
Carlsbad, CA (67 miles)
San Diego, CA (95 miles)
Interactive Map Search
GREATER METRO AREA AIRPORTS
1. Los Angeles International Airport LAX, located to the west of the City, is by far the busiest Airport in the Greater Los Angeles Region, handling over 61.5 million passengers a year. For the uninitiated traveler the airport can be a real challenge. Walking distances to gates are longer than they may expect and the rush to get to the gates may exhaust and confuse lesser agile passengers. It is strongly recommended that you board one of the terminal's courtesy vehicles making its round, if you feel that you might not be up to the task. The Airport is host to all major US, and most major international airlines, with direct and connecting flights to every corner of the globe. Direct bus service every 30 minutes is available by FlyAway Bus to Westwood, Union Station and Van Nuys, and other buses, and shared-ride vans are serving the Airport to destinations farther away. In terms of customer satisfaction, LAX Airport does not fare too well. Passenger complaints center on endless walks to connecting gates, and lack of available time to make your connecting flight. It is best to plan for at least a three-hour early arrival for international departures and two hours for domestic departures prior to your scheduled flight.
2. LA/Ontario International Airport ONT is located 38 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, 18 miles west of downtown San Bernardino, and 14 miles northwest of downtown Riverside, in Ontario, San Bernardino County, and ranks second as Los Angeles area airport, serving more of the inland communities. This Airport is becoming the choice of business travelers who see the advantages of this full-service airport and its modern, passenger-friendly twin terminals. It offers shorter walking distances between parking lots and terminals and between the gates and ticketing or baggage claim. Daily non-stops to major US cities and international destinations are available, even though the choice is considerably less than at LAX Airport. It is estimated that nearly 5 million residents are served by ONT in the greater Ontario area who like to take their flights closer to home.
3. John Wayne Airport SNA also known as Orange County Airport--is located in Santa Ana, 35 miles south of Los Angeles, California, and between the cities of Costa Mesa, Irvine, and Newport Beach. With two runways, it is served by major commercial and commuter airlines offering hundreds of daily arrivals and departures with nonstop flights to many U.S. destinations and connections around the world. Opened in 1990, John Wayne airport's sunny and spacious Thomas F. Riley Terminal has two levels with departures on the upper, and arrivals on the lower level. In the center of the lower level you will find an arresting nine-foot bronze statue of John Wayne dressed in Western regalia. The Terminal is divided into Terminal A (Gates 12-14C) and Terminal B (Gates 3-1C), offering restaurants, gift shops/newsstands, family restrooms, ATMs and electrical power outlets at all gates. The Mezzanine houses United's Red Carpet Club and American's Admirals Club. To get to your destination, the Airport offers a choice of transportation. Aside from taking a taxi or limo, you can also use shuttle services, which are plentiful. Shuttles are located on the Arrival (Lower) Level in the Ground Transportation Center. Look for assistance by coordinators. The nearest train stations are located in Irvine, Santa Ana and Tustin, approximately 10 miles from John Wayne Airport, and the 'i shuttle', Route A connects the Tustin Metrolink Station to John Wayne Airport via Von Karman Avenue. OCTA buses, Routes 76 and 212, service John Wayne Airport. The OCTA bus stop is located on the arrival (lower) level outside of Terminal B. Parking options are available at Parking Terminals A1, A2 & B2, as well as curbside valet parking, Parking Lot C, and off-airport parking on Main Street. A new Terminal C with its own parking garage, now under construction, is to open late 2011.
4. Bob Hope Airport BUR located in in Burbank, CA, helps you beat the infamous Los Angeles traffic by being the closest airport to Hollywood, Disneyland, downtown L.A, Warner Bros., NBC, Universal Studios, the Rose Bowl, Dodger Stadium, Griffith Park, L.A. Zoo, Autry Museum, Magic Mountain, to name some. Or, you can avoid the traffic by taking a MetroLink or Amtrak train, which have a combined station within walking distance of the main airport terminal of BUR (a free shuttle to the station is also available). The airport is served by 7 major airlines (Alaska, American, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, United and US Airways), offering frequent nonstop flights along the West Coast and direct and connecting flights across the country, including New York City. In 2003, the airport was renamed in honor of the late comedian and Hollywood institution, Bob Hope, who kept his private jet at Burbank airport.
5. Long Beach Airport LGB, located south of Los Angeles, serves the Long Beach area.
6. LA/Palmdale Regional Airport PMD is located north of Los Angeles in Palmdale and serves the northern outlying communities of the Santa Clarita and Antelope Valleys.
7. Palm Springs International Airport PSP is quite far east of Los Angeles near the city of Palm Springs and serves the Coachella Valley area of Riverside County.