Osaka Kansai (KIX) Airport
Osaka Kansai KIX Airport Overview
Note that 'New Kansai International Airport Co.' (tel. +81-724-55-2093 /fax: 2052) - now Operator of both Kansai & Itami Airports - intends to transform both Airports into the 'most advanced facilities of their kind in Asia'.
KIX Airport is located on an artificial island in Osaka Bay, off-shore of the cities of Sennan and Izumisano and the town of Tajiri, and 50 km from the city center of Osaka--all situated within the Osaka Prefecture, Japan. Kansai International Airport is connected only by the Sky Gate Bridge R, which has on the lower level the railroad tracks used by JR West and Nankai Electric, and on the upper level the road leading to Tinku Town and the mainland.
With two very long runways, and serving nearly 14 million passengers yearly, Kansai Airport is international hub for All Nippon Airways & Japan Airlines, and for low-cost carrier Peach, and is served by international airlines offering year-round and seasonal direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
The on-Airport 'Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport' (tel. +81 (0)72-455-1111) shares levels 1 & 2 with the Aeroplaza, and has on the 11th floor a restaurant. It is only a 3-minute walk from the passenger terminal and the Airport Station.
Kansai Airport has two terminals - T1 & T2, and the Aeroplaza.
- Both terminals offer free wireless LAN service at T1 (excluding part of the traffic line for interntional flights); at all areas in the Aeroplaza, and at all areas of T2 (wireless LAN card is needed, without LAN card: select 'Free WiFi@KIX' SSID or one sarting with 'Free WiF@KIX. Electronic charging stations are available (a) at T1, levels 1, 2 & 4, at international gate area's Center, North Wing & South Wing, and at domestic gate area; (b) at T2 at both international and domestic gate areas.
- Kansai Airport KIX offers Fast Track Lane immigration services for inbound VIP passengers, and to those attending conferences.
Current and future Airport developments:
- Terminal 2 is currently being extended.
- Construction on a new Terminal 3 (adjacent to Terminal 2) - intended for low-cost airlines - is presently scheduled for completion by March 2017. The expandable design allows for both narrow- and wide-body aircraft.
Senshu-Kuko Kita, Izumisano-shi
- Website for Osaka Kansai: http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/index.asp
- Phone: +81 (0)72 455 2500 ; press 3 for Operator