Paderborn Lipppstadt (PAD) Airport
PAD AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
Paderborn Lipppstadt PAD Airport Overview
Paderborn Lippstadt Airport PAD serves the German state of Rhineland-Westphalia and the cities of Paderborn & Lippstadt.
The Airport is located in the town of Buren, at K37, off motorways A33 (Bielefeld-Brilon, Exit Salzhotten) and A44 (Dortmund-Kassel, Exit Bueren), 20 km from Paderborn and 26 km from Lippstadt.
With 873,621passengers in 2012, domestic and international airlines serve the Airport with direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. Seasonal charter flights are available to popular vacation destinations.
As of April 2013 CityJet (a subsidiary of Air France) offers six weekly flights to London's City Airport LCY
The on-Airport Hotel Paderborn (tel. +49 (0) 2955.7474-0 or visit airporthotel-paderborn.com) is only a 2-minute walk from the passenger terminal, offers 'Park, Sleep & Fly' .
Checking In: (a) For European flights, arrive two hours prior to scheduled departure; check-in counters close 30 minutes before departure.
(b) Location for checking in the night before departure: Bielefeld, Otto-Brenner Street 242, directly adjacent to the Sieker city train stop and open 6-8pm.
Paderborn Airport has one passenger terminal. (For more information, please refer to 'Terminal Map' page.)
Parking options at Paderborn Lippstadt Airport: The following parking lots are offered at no charge throughout your stay: P2, P3, P4,P6 & P7A. (Campers are to be parked at P5).
1. Car park P1, the closest facility, is next to the terminal & ideal for picking up/dropping off passengers for for short-term parking, with the first 15 minutes free, and offers unlimited low-cost parking.
2. The closest multi-storey car park is the ‘Paragon Parkhaus’, a short walk from the terminal, offering low-cost parking.
‘Parkhaus Bremer’, another multi-storey car park, is a five-minute walk from the terminal and offers 450 low-cost parking spaces at daily low rates, with different fees for long-term parking.
3. P7 is a long-stay lot located between the Airport Hotel and the main access road, on Kreisstrasse 37 and offers cheap unlimited parking.
Rental cars for Avis, Europcar & Sixt are located inside the multi-storey Paragon parking garage, across from the terminal.
To get from the Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a door-to-door shuttle van in front of the terminal, a bus, or a train:
1. The ICE (inter-city express) and IC (inter-city) offer train connections from the Airport to Paderborn main train station, with further connection to surrounding cities, and to long-distance city destinations.
2. The BBH express bus 400 and local Bus 460 run between the Airport and the main station in Paderborn. There is also a night express NE 16, which runs weekends and special Holidays (tel: 01801-33 9933).
3. Door to door vans are available from various companies waiting in front of the terminal, some of which show their location. One of them is FTZ Airport Transfer Center (tel: +49(0) 2955 77-497).
Buren, Rhineland-Westfalia ., D-33142
- Website for Paderborn Lipppstadt: http://www.flughafen-paderborn-lippstadt.de
- Email Address: http://www.flughafen-paderborn-lippstadt.de/index.php?catalog=/kontakt
- Phone: +49 29 55 77216
- View Terminal Map
Paderborn Lipppstadt PAD Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Paderborn Lipppstadt PAD Airport Update History
- Updated PAD Airports page - May 5, 2013
- Updated PAD Food & Stores page - May 5, 2013
- Updated PAD Direct Flights page - Mar 26, 2013
- Updated PAD Airport Intro page - Mar 20, 2013