AZA AIRPORT & FLIGHT STATUS
AZA Delays: 15 mins or less.
Phoenix Mesa Gateway AZA Airport Overview
Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport AZA is serving the city of Phoenix, and Maricopa County, in Arizona (including Gila River Indian Community, Gilbert, Mesa, & Queen Creek) and offers low-cost flights.
The Airport is located in Mesa, 20 miles southeast of Phoenix, and its passenger terminal is situated at 6033 S. Sossaman Road, which runs north-east into S. Power Road, connecting to the 202 Loop (Exit 36). The Airport also has a busy general aviation business and is the center for flight training.
With three runways and an estimated 1.4 million passengers in 2012, Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport is persently served by low-cost airlines Allegiant, Spirit & Frontier, offering numerous U.S. flights with worldwide connections.
The Airport is currently served by Allegiant, Spirit & Frontier airlines.
The passengers terminal at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport - referred to as the 'Charles.A. Williams Terminal' is open 4:30am to 11:30pm - or last arrival. The terminal was recently renovated and considerably expanded during its Phase 2 of construction (adding 30,000 sq.ft. of space), which included two new gates 7 & 8, added concessions space, relocation of TSA checkpoint, expansion of baggage claim area, new arrivals lobby, new rental car counters, as well as curbside /parking lot improvements. Further work during Phase 3 involves added gates & ticket counters, and other improvements - scheduled for completion late 2013.
Amenities and services insite the terminal include free WiFi internet access, food & drink and retail concessions, rental car desks, an Information desk staffed by Volunteer Ambassadors, a mothers' rooms, security checkpoint and access to departure gates 1-4 at right and gates 5-8 at left. A bakery & cafe is in the arrivals area & near gate 7; the Copper Plate American Grill is near gate 5. A large map of the Phoenix Metropolitan area inside the terminal will show you the location of hotels and resorts.
If you want to pick up a passenger from the Airport, use the free Cell Phone Lot south of the passenger terminal (at airport entry), on the west side of Sossaman Road.
Other parking options at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport include the hourly lot across from the terminal and the Overnight lots next to the terminal (across the Terminal entrance). A new remote parking lot on Ray Road, east of Sossamen Road, just opened and offers free shuttle service, as well as curbside pickup/ dropoff.
Rental car counters from major rental agencies are located in the Arrivals area of the passenger terminal; car pickup is next to it and car return is opposite the Hourly parking / Express lot on Sossaman Rd. near the exit lights.
To get from Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a shuttle.
1. Shuttles provides service between Phoenix-Mesa Airport and certain Arizona locations: Arizona Value Shuttle, tel. 1-800-548-6541; Super Shuttle, tel. 1-800-258-3826; The Wagon, tel. 480-840-9246.
2. Limos/Cabs: Magic Limo, tel. 602-697-9008; AAA Cab; 602-437-4000; Discount Cab, tel. 602-200-2000; VIP Taxi, tel. 480-833-8333.
3. Public Bus: Valley Metro provides routes for Greater Phoenix Metro Area - (Route 184).
Present and future Airport Developments: Phase III of construction includes additional gates & courtyard space, increasing ticketing counters, and adding space for Federal Inspection facility is scheduled for completion by November 2013.
2. The North Economy Parking Lot will eventually get a 2200--space expansion with additional facilities & shuttle bus stops. Phase III 's design is to be completed by 2013.
Phoenix Mesa Gateway AZA Services
Terminal Maps and Services
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Phoenix Mesa Gateway AZA Airport Update History
- Updated AZA Airports page - May 2, 2013
- Updated AZA Food & Stores page - May 2, 2013
- Updated AZA Airport Intro page - Apr 2, 2013
- Updated AZA Terminal Map page - Mar 14, 2013
- Updated AZA Direct Flights page - Feb 23, 2013
- Updated AZA Parking On site page - Jan 23, 2013