Trinidad Piarco (POS) Airport
Trinidad Piarco POS Airport Overview
Trinidad Piarco International Airport POS - recently voted 'Caribban's Leading Airport' - serves both islands of Trinidad & Tobago. It is surrounded by mountains & shores, which can be seen from the glass-domed atrium of the North Terminal.
While the island of Trinidad is more business-oriented and its culture tends to be more South American (as it once was part of it), the island of Tobago is more laid back. Both Islands abound with culinary delights; be sure to try their favorites, which are roti, doubles, shark and bake, and pelau, among others. Its splendid beaches offer a myriad of activities - you can snorkel, dive, swim, rent a boat, or do nothing - the options are yours!
Piarco Airport is located in the town of Piarco, 25 miles east of Port of Spain, the capital city of Trinidad, belonging to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, and situated off the coast of Venezuela, S.A. The Airport is in close proximity to Caroni, Centento, St. Kelene, Kelly Village and Chin Chin Savanna Village.
With one long runway and an estimated 2.5 million passengers a year (about half of which are international passengers), Piarco International Airport is hub to Caribbean Airlines and is served by by a number of international major & charter airlines, as well as by commuter planes to other Caribbean Islands.
You pay the required departure tax in either cash (US dollars accepted) or by credit card (Visa & American Express);
The on-Airport hotel - the Bel Air International Hotel, located across from the runway, offers business & conference facilities.
Piarco Airport has two passenger terminals - The North Terminal and the South Terminal:
The fairly new North Terminal is the main passenger terminal and can easily handle peak passenger traffic. The terminal layout consists of a landside core structure, a single-level duty-free shopping mall and a two-level Y-shaped concourse, and has a large glass-domed public atrium. It has 14 aircraft gates for international flights and 2 ground level domestic gates, 82 ticket counters, a flight information & a baggage information display system. The terminal's three concourses are divided into gates 1-7, 8-14, and the Tobago concourse serving Tobago flights only.
The South Terminal was turned into a VIP Terminal serving high-end travelers with private executive jet facilies. The Airports Administration Center for the Airport Authority of Trinidad & Tobago is located in the South Terminal.
Amenities and services include free wireless hotspots; food & drink establishments, as well as shops and duty-free shops can be found in both terminals; First Citizens Bank offers currency exchange services & ATM cash machines.
Parking is available for short- and long-term parking close to the terminal.
Rental car counters for major agencies are located in the Arrivals area of the terminal, at Customs exit.
To get from Piarco Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or a hotel shuttle bus. Do make sure to take only taxis with an 'H' (hired) on the license plate, or use a so-called 'call a cab' taxi.
Trinidad Data: Language: English; Time Zone: minus 4 hrs of GMT, with no DLT; Currency: TT$; Country telephone code: 1 868; Rainy Season: December-May.
Trinidad Piarco POS Services
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Trinidad Piarco POS Airport Update History
- Updated POS Airport Intro page - May 10, 2013
- Updated POS Airports page - May 10, 2013
- Updated POS Parking On site page - Apr 21, 2013
- Updated POS Food & Stores page - Mar 21, 2013
- Updated POS Direct Flights page - Feb 25, 2013