Piedmont Triad GSO Airport Overview
Piedmont Triad International Airport GSO - or simply PTI Airport - is a convenient venue for the residents of, and visitors to, northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
The Airport is located in Greensboro, North Carolina, at the intersection of 44th Street & Patterson Avenue, and is surrounded on all sides by I-96 at east, M-6 at south, M-37 at west and M-11 at north, offering easy access to Interstate Hwys. I-40, I-85 and the future I-73 and I-74. The new interchange will carry all traffic into and out of the Airport. Primary access will be from Bryan Blvd.; additional access from Old Oak Ridge (follow signs).
With three runways and an estimated 1.8 million passengers in 2012, Piedmont Triad Airport is served by a host of major and minor airlines offering nonstop flights to many US Cities, with connections to destinations around the globe. As of May 1, 2013, Frontier Airlines offers thre wekly flights to Denver, and as of June 6, 2013, Allegiant offers two weekly flights to Fort Lauderdale.
The on-Airport Marriott Hotel with 299 rooms is located on the loop road between the terminal building complex and Airport Parkway.
The passenger terminal at Piedmont Triad Airport consists of two levels and Concourses A & B: ticketing and boarding concourses are on the upper level, while baggage claim and rental car services are on the lower level. For each consourse there is a separate baggage claim and ticket counter area. Free WiFi access is available throughout the Airport.
Level 1 of the passenger terminal at PTI Airport has outside in te center the Valet Pickup area. Inside are: valet parking desk; rental car counters, hotel information, Baggage Claim Offices of Delta, United & U.S. Airways, two baggage claims on either side, chapel, vending machines, taxi stand, conference room & access to Level 2.
Level 2 of the passenger terminal at PTI Airport has in the center some shops & food & drink establishments, airline ticketing desks, and a game room.. On either end of it is an Information booth and security checkpoints, leading to the Concourses (also referred to North & South Concourses) on either side, and their gates. (The Concourses recently received new furniture with charging stations.
Concourse A with gates 20-34 serves United & Delta, and has a restaurant & a CNBC store.
Concourse B with gates 40-51 serves American, Allegiant and US Airways, and houses the US Airways Club, a restaurant & shoeshine.
Parking options at Piedmont Triad Airport: (For more parking information, please refer to the Parking page).
Rental cars for major rental agencies are located in the Arrivals area of the terminal.
To get from Piemont Triad Airport to your destination, you can rent a car, take a taxi or limo, a hotel shuttle or a bus. For reservations or information contact Triad Transportation at (336) 668-9808.
1. The Grand Rapids Air Porter serves downtown hotels from April to October.
2. Route 17 Woodland/Airport bus runs dail between the Airport and Woodland Mall, while Route 5 (weekdays only) and Route 6 continue from Woodland to Central Station. Route 44 from Woodland offers weekday service to Rivertown Crossings Mall.
3. PART (Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation) buses connect to Winston Salem, High Point and Greensboro with affordable, comfortable transportation. Call 336-883-7278 for reservation or pickup/dropoff at the Airport.
Piedmont Triad GSO Services
Terminal Maps and Services
- GSO Baggage Claim
- GSO Business Services
- GSO Emergency / Medical Services
- GSO Guest Services
- GSO Internet Access
Flying and Airport Help
Airport, Airline & Flying Topics
- Aircraft types: Airbus
- Aircraft types: Boeing
- Aircraft types: McDonnell Douglas
- Airline Hub and Spoke
- Airline Lounge Access
- Airline Seating Insights
- Airport & Flying Terms
- Airport Identification Requirements
- Baggage Check-in Times
- Carry-on Regulations
- Check-in Curbside
- Check-in Kiosks
- Check-in Online
- Check-in Options
- Check-in Times
- Checked Baggage Rules
- Children Flying Alone
- Currency Converter
- Europe Travel Rules
- FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
- First-time Flyer Tips
- Frequent Flyer Overview
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Getting a US Passport
- Getting Bumped
- Infant Flying Rules & Tips
- Inside the cockpit
- International Travel Help
- International Travel Safety
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Lost Luggage
- Luggage Tips
- Missed Flight Connection
- On-line Booking Basics
- Overweight Passenger Policy
- Packing Tips
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Prohibited & Allowed Items
- Security Screening
- Study Abroad Preparation
- Terms Defined: "Non-Stop" vs "Direct"
- Ticket Cancellation Fees
- Ticket Change Fees
- Tips to land the Best Deals On-Line
- Travel Insurance
- Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Pets
- TSA Guidelines
- Visa & Immunization Issues
- Who owns/operates the airports?
First Time Flyer Help
- Preparing for your Trip
- What to Pack
- Pros/Cons of Checking your Bag
- What can I Check-in or Carry-On?
- Documents to take
- Confirming your flight
- When to Arrive at the Airport
Top 40 US Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL Airport
- Chicago O'Hare ORD Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW Airport
- Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS Airport
- Denver DEN Airport
- Houston Intercontinental IAH Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX Airport
- Philadelphia PHL Airport
- Charlotte Douglas CLT Airport
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW Airport
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP Airport
- Newark Liberty EWR Airport
- Washington Dulles IAD Airport
- Boston Logan BOS Airport
- Salt Lake City SLC Airport
- La Guardia LGA Airport
- New York Kennedy JFK Airport
- Memphis MEM Airport
- Miami MIA Airport
- San Francisco SFO Airport
- Orlando MCO Airport
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG Airport
- Seattle Tacoma SEA Airport
- Honolulu HNL Airport
- Baltimore Washington BWI Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC Airport
- Chicago Midway MDW Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL Airport
- Lambert St Louis STL Airport
- Washington Reagan National DCA Airport
- Portland PDX Airport
- Tampa TPA Airport
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE Airport
- Raleigh-Durham RDU Airport
- Houston Hobby HOU Airport
- Pittsburgh PIT Airport
- San Diego SAN Airport
- San Antonio SAT Airport
- Nashville BNA Airport
Piedmont Triad GSO Airport Update History
- Updated GSO Airports page - May 3, 2013
- Updated GSO Food & Stores page - May 3, 2013
- Updated GSO Airport Intro page - Mar 30, 2013
- Updated GSO Parking On site page - Feb 26, 2013
- Updated GSO Direct Flights page - Feb 20, 2013