Top Recommended Layover Activities:
1. NFL Football – Pittsburgh Steelers
100 Art Rooney Ave, Heinz Field, North Shore Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 · 412-323-1200
Be sure to call for up-to-the- minute scheduling and ticketing information for the Pittsburgh Steelers games.
2. Andy Warhol Museum
117 Sandusky St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 · 412-237-8300
The only museum dedicated to one artist, this institution honors Pittsburgh native Andy Warhol with the exhibition of over 500 of his works throughout seven floors. The museum store and the cafe are accessible without musuem admission.
3. Carnegie Museum
4400 Forbes Ave, Oakland, PA 15213 · 412-622-3131
One complex houses the Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History, the Music Hall, Library, Heinz Architectural Center and Hall of Architecture. This is a very convenient museum system, allowing visitors to experience more with less hassle.
4. Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
600 Penn Ave, Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 · 412-392-4900
Description: Concerts throughout the year feature the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra and often highlight special guest vocalists, chamber ensembles, and other musicians.
5. Major League Baseball – Pittsburgh Pirates
115 Federal Street, PNC Park at North Shore, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 · 412-321-2827
Be sure to call for up-to-the-minute scheduling and ticketing information for the Pittsburgh Pirates games. The box office is located at the corner of Federal and West General Robinson Streets, and is open Mon-Fri 8:30am-6pm.
Top Weekend Getaways And Day Trip Excursions:
Rte 381 South, Mill Run, PA 15464 · 724-329-8501
Fallingwater is a Frank Lloyd Wright masterpiece, now maintained by the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy. The structure of stone, concrete and glass is a staggering multi-level home cantilevered over an actual waterfall. The regular tour lasts about 45 minutes, the in-depth tour about two hours. There is also a children's tour, and a three-hour combination tour of the home and surrounding landscape. Fallingwater is closed during Jan-Feb for maintenance. Advanced reservations are required - book regular tours at least 1 week in advance, in-depth weekday tours two weeks in advance, in-depth weekend tours 4-6 weeks in advance. Children must be 6 years old to accompany an adult on a regular tour, 9 for an in-depth tour. Younger children may stay at the supervised Child Care Center for $2/hour per child.
2. Point State Park
Commonwealth Pl, Pittsburgh, PA · 412-471-0235
A wonderfully inspiring spot where the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers meet to form the Ohio River – Point State Park. The 36-acre park commemorates the arrival of Anglo-Saxon civilization in 1754, and today remains a popular gathering spot. During warmer weather, the 200ft fountain at park center symbolizes the meeting of the rivers, and the Fort Pitt Block House and Museum inform visitors about the military past of Pittsburgh. For more information, call 1-888-PA-PARKS, Mon-Sat 7am-5pm.
3. University of Pittsburgh Sights
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
The Nationality Rooms (412-624-6000) are located in the towering Cathedral Of Learning. The cultures of each of the different ethnic groups that provided furnishings for the effort are represented. At 5th and Bellefield Avenue is Heinz Memorial Chapel (412-624-4157). With tall stained glass windows, this grand French Gothic structure is part of the University of Pittsburgh’s beautiful landscape. Hours are Mon-Fri 9am-4pm, Sun 1pm-5pm. The Stephen Foster Memorial (412-624-4100) is dedicated to the Pittsburgh native who became one of America’s most beloved songwriters of the 1800s.
4. Allegheny Observatory
Riverview Park, Pittsburgh, PA · 412-321-2400
The University of Pittsburgh maintains the city’s first observatory, built in 1902. The facility now has three telescopes and is home to the Allegheny Telescope Association. Call Mon-Fri between 10am-4pm to arrange a free tour.
5. The Pittsburgh Zoo
1 Hill Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15206 · 412-665-3639
Rambling over 70 acres, the natural habitats of some 6000 animals are presented, including an Asian Forest, African Savanna, and Tropical Forest. The Aqua Zoo, Kid’s Kingdom (features an interactive section), and merry-go-round are very popular with the kids.
Terminal Maps at Popular Airports
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta ATL terminal map
- Chicago O'Hare ORD terminal map
- Dallas Fort Worth DFW terminal map
- Los Angeles LAX terminal map
- Las Vegas McCarran LAS terminal map
- Denver DEN terminal map
- Houston Intercontinental IAH terminal map
- Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX terminal map
- Philadelphia PHL terminal map
- Charlotte Douglas CLT terminal map
- Detroit Metropolitian DTW terminal map
- Minneapolis-St Paul MSP terminal map
- Newark Liberty EWR terminal map
- Washington Dulles IAD terminal map
- Boston Logan BOS terminal map
- Salt Lake City SLC terminal map
- La Guardia LGA terminal map
- New York Kennedy JFK terminal map
- Memphis MEM terminal map
- Miami MIA terminal map
- San Francisco SFO terminal map
- Orlando MCO terminal map
- Cincinnati N Kentucky CVG terminal map
- Seattle Tacoma SEA terminal map
- Honolulu HNL terminal map
- Baltimore Washington BWI terminal map
- Ted Stevens Anchorage ANC terminal map
- Chicago Midway MDW terminal map
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood FLL terminal map
- Lambert St Louis STL terminal map
- Reagan National DCA terminal map
- Portland PDX terminal map
- Tampa TPA terminal map
- Cleveland Hopkins CLE terminal map
- Raleigh-Durham RDU terminal map
- Houston Hobby HOU terminal map
- San Diego SAN terminal map
- San Antonio SAT terminal map
- Nashville BNA terminal map