Port Moresby Jacksons (POM) Airport
Port Moresby Jacksons POM Airport Overview
Papua New Guinea (PNG) is presently one of the world's fastest growing economies.
Jackson's Airport is only 2.5 miles from the National Capital District of Port Moresby, bordering on the Coral Sea. It is owned & managed by New Guinea National Airports Corp.
With a long runway and an estimated 0.9M passengers per annum, Jackson's Airport is hub for Air Niugini & Airlines PNG, which, together with Qantas & Virgin Australia, offer direct & connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Visa on Arrival for Australian tourists is now available.
- The Virgin Australia Airport Lounge is available to eligible passengers with a valid Virgin Australia boarding pass, paying a single entry upon terminal arrival.
- The Air Niugini Departure Lounge is available in the International Terminal.
- The 'Wikitravel' guide, updated in Spring 2016, is an excellent source for travelers, covering the Airport, its surroudings, transport options, and what to see: open http://wikitravel.org/en/Port_Moresby.
Jackson's International Airport has two passenger terminals connected by covered walkway: While Air Niugini & Airlines PNG serve both the domestic & international terminals - Philippine, Qantas & Virgin Australia airlines use the international terminal only. The Airport's passenger processing system was upgraded and includes barcode scanners & common-use passenger processing systems & a multimedia flight information display.
The International Terminal is is served by international routes of Air Niugini's and Airlines PNG, as well as by other international airlines. To be ready for the Pacific Games late June 2015, Jacksons Airport finally reached world standards by completing its US$ 31M upgrade project. This included a new departure lounge; passenger relaxation, play and working areas; new duty-free shops for departure and arrival; and new specialty retail shops for food and beverages along with other maintenance work. Security issues and congestion problems are now a thing of the past. The International Terminal features four aircraft parking bays, three of which are equipped with aerobridges.
In November 2015 Prouds, the Fijian retailer, opened the newly expanded duty-free shopping facilities in both arrival & departure areas. Other amenities include a bank branch, ATMs, currency exchange, rental cars counters, traveler information, post and a VIP ceremonial plaza.
The Domestic Terminal is served by Air Niugini and Airlines PNG, and houses a new public concourse, food court and domestic carpark. It houses rental car counters, a First-Class Lounge, ATM cash machines & eateries.
Present and future Airport developments. In time for the 2018 APEX summit both international and domestic terminals are being joined, thereby gaining more space.
Port Moresby 121
Papua New Guinea
- Website for Port Moresby Jacksons: http://www.nac.com.pg/port-moresby-international-jacksons.html
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +675 324 4400 /fax 325 0870 or +09 198691468