Porto-Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport OPO (also known as Pedras Rubras Airport), has recently received ACI's Best European Airport' award in the 5-15 million pasenger category for Service Quality. It is managed & operated by ANA's parent company VINCI Airports.
The Airport is located in Moreira, about 11 km northwest of the city center of Porto, situated on the Atlantic Coast of Portugal and within the municipalities of Maia, Matosinhos and Vila do Conde. It is accessible by Highways A28/IC1 (Auto Estrada Porto-Carminha), A41/IC24 (CREP), and A4/E82 (Auto Estrada Porto-Amarante).
With a long runway and 9.4 million passengers in 2016, Porto Airport is a base for Ryanair and a focus city for TAP Portugal and is served by a host of domestic, international, regular and low-cost Airlines offering direct flights to all points of Europe and the Americas, along with charter flights to popular vacation destinations.
- Check-in options now include self-check-in automats, online check-in for certain airlines, and mobile check-in.
- Customs are located at ground level: at non-Schengen level 2 at restricted areas; and at Departures, level 3, public area) tel: +351 229 438 846/8; or open: www.dgaie.min-financas.pt.
- Immigration/Border Service (located at Departures, non-Schengen restricted areas of ground level & level 2. Tel: +351 229 414 877 /fax 876; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterinary Inspection (located at Arrivals in restircted area) tel: +351 213 239 500 /fax 679.
- The commercial area at post-security has recently been renovated and 1,500 sq.meters were added .
The very modern passenger terminal at Porto Airport has three levels and 400 meters of travelators along the concourse's arrivals channel on level 1 - giving passengers the option of walking or using a travelator instead. It offers free WiFi access for the first 30 mins (per 12-hr period) throughout the terminal. Commercial areas in the post-security area had recently been extended and new stores & duty-frees added. Surrounding the retail area is the food court with more choices.
The Ground Level is the Arrivals level with baggage claim and rental car counters, & First Aid service (tel. 42696 or 42812) and gates 1 - 8.
Level 2 is the Boarding Lounge houses a shopping area - with access to gates 1-35: Gates 1-8 (at left) and 14-19 (at right) are one level down.
Level 3 is the Departures level with check-in facilities, food & drink, travel agents, a bank, currency exchange, pharmacy and baggage wrapping.