Puerto Vallarta G. Diaz Ordaz International Airport PVR
serves the Mexican States of Jalisco and Nayarit and the tourist city of Puerto Vallarta and its surroundings
PVR Airport is located within 7.5 km from city center of Puerto Vallarta, and 10 km from Nuevo Vallarta - on the large Banderas Bay (42km E-W, 32km N-S) of the Pacific coast. Banderas Bay is considered by UNESCO as being one of the most beautiful bays in the world, and is the vacation destination for countless tourists year-round.
With a yearly estimate of 3.4 million passengers, and a long runway, Puerto Vallarta Airport is served by major Mexican, U.S. and Canadian airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe, as well as by many charters.
The passenger terminal at Puerto Vallarta Ordaz Airport
has two levels:
The ground level is the Arrivals
level for domestic & international flights with check-in facilities, and access to the domestic departure lounge & gates, rental car counters for all major rental car agencies; and tourist services provided by Apple Vacations, Vallarta Adventures, Miller Travel Service, and Marriott Hotel.
The second level is the Departures level,
with a sit down restaurant in pre-security. Past the security check is a large waiting area with duty free shops, a bar, a small cafeteria, VIP lounges (the Royal Lounge, Wildcoast & TEA (open according to flight schedule). For international departure gates take the stairway one flight down. You only have access to departure gate area after your flight is called out, as there is limited space there. Wait in the upper lounge area until your flight is ready for departure.
NOTE: Due to continuous passenger growth, the recent $8M expansion & renovation project at immigration & customs, has been - or soon will be completed .
Amenities & services inside the terminal
- on the ground level: some small shops and food & drink establishments, a post office, bank/ATMs, currency exchange and newsstands; secure Wrap baggage wrapping; rental car counters for all major rental car agencies; and tourist services provided by Apple Vacations, Vallarta Adventures, Miller Travel Service, and Marriott Hotel; and
- on level 2: duty-free shops, and some concessions.
that while all telephones in the terminal accept credit cards, it is best to use Telmex public phones for a better rate. You can buy a so-called ‘Ladatel’ telephone card at 30, 50 or 100 pesos.
The VIP Lounge Puerto Vallarta
is available at post-security, Domestic Departures - tel. +52 (32) 221 298, Ext. 35661, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Current airlines serving the Airport:
- Aerocalafia CFV - tel. 01 800-560-3949
- AeroMexico AM - tel. 01 800-021-4000
- AeroMexico Connet LTO - tel. 01-800-021-4000
- Air Canada AC- tel. 322-221-1565
- AirTransat TSC
- Alaska AS - tel. 01 800-654-5669
- American AA - tel. 01 800-433-7300
- CanJet C6
- Delta DL - tel. 01 800-266-0046
- Frontier F9 - tel.
- Interjet AIJ - tel. 01 800-021-4000
- Jazz Airline QK -
- MagniCharters GMT
- Miami Air International LL
- SunCountry SY
- SunWing WG
- TUI Arkefly OR
- United UA
- USA 3000 U5
- Virgin America VX
- Volaris VOI
- WestJet WJ
Parking at Puerto Vallarta Ordaz Airport
is available across from the terminal aincludes short- and long-term parking.